Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
3 more years for Damien announced today.

Will become our longest ever serving coach..

Players reaction at the news said it all. Congrats to him.

Yep - and the updated story is that he's accepted less money than he might taken in order to keep the whole footy department spend under the cap.
I think he's actually taken a pay cut.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tenacious said:
Yep - and the updated story is that he's accepted less money than he might taken in order to keep the whole footy department spend under the cap.
I think he's actually taken a pay cut.

Hope that's a lesson to the playing group as well.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
Is it strange that there were no rumors of any other teams looking to grab him? Out of contract (at the end of this year) premiership coach.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
King Kong said:
1 year too long. More important to sign Leppa and Caracalla :hihi

Hardwick has actually accepted a lower remuneration contract over the 3 years in order to keep the RFC coaching team and football department together.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Tames said:
Is it strange that there were no rumors of any other teams looking to grab him? Out of contract (at the end of this year) premiership coach.
Not strange bc everyone can see he loves coaching this group and they love him. He was never going to look elsewhere so they would have been wasting their time even if they had squillions of $$ to offer him.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
se7en said:
I thought Caracalla was going to take over.

Exactly like Buckley taking over from Malthouse, smooth :hihi

Hardwick deserves all the pats on the back, he took over a basket case, a shocking list, shocking recruiting smoothered in even worse drafting after losing 9 games in a row to start his career, he got us back in finals, then was able to change enough to see this club once again after more then 35 years win a flag.
I've would've just Sheedyed him and kept on as long as possible. The players love him

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
There is so much love at Punt Road now we all must thank Bernie for the love approach. At the end of the 2016 season no love at Punt Road just angst. Bernie not to be deterred ventured overseas on a sabbatical & found the love approach which transformed the Tigers from boiled lollies to chocolates.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Congrats Dimma well earned. Amazing considering 12 months ago he would have been favourite in the Coaches to be sacked market.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Often wondered early doors why Dimma didn't build a team like he played the game given he was hard as nails.
Well he's got one now. There's going to be plenty of opposition players put in hospital this season..

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Bernie is keen on Lynch but I aint. Do not think he has the ticker when things get tough & that is where it counts.