Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Thanks ToOheys. Just wishin we could go out n flog Carlscum right now instead of waiting for a couple more weeks.

jtigger

Tiger Cub
May 7, 2005
I just keep remembering hearing David King the week before the QF saying "home and away Hardwick" about 30 times- it's nice to know that Dimma now has coached more premierships than all of those geniuses - King, Lloyd, Russell the list goes on - they can enjoy talking about him for the next few years!!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
thanks tooheys.

Watching Damien was like he was watching his kids play football. The pride, the smile, riding every comment and contest.

You understand the relationship, care and love he and his players have for each other.

That's why the bonding, honesty and pouring the hearts out leaving them vulnerable brought them close and the success that came with it.

Premiership.

Other clubs can try and copy what we did but you can manufacture the RFC ....

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
TigerMasochist said:
Thanks ToOheys. Just wishin we could go out n flog Carlscum right now instead of waiting for a couple more weeks.
fell the same. cant wait.

I predict...
11min mark of the 3rd Qtr when RFC gets another goal and goes up by 80pts, the Carlscum supporters will be streaming out.
The atmosphere will be like the PF against GWS, then steam ahead to a 131 pt win.

No mercy and making a statement to the rest of the comp.

On Dimma,
Great youtube vid. thanks
Goes to show the how he changed, willing to absorb what was said and mentally dig deep. Seek answers to fix things. Had he not been able to change how he was coaching in 2016, imo we would not have seen what we saw in 2017.

The respect he has for the players and tear up at the end was fantastic to see.
Have the utmost respect for him for what he achieved and be able to go another level to the ultimate glory for RFC with his players. Fully deserves 3 yr contract. Here's hoping for more success.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Tiger Tuff. said:
Hope old microwave guy didn't sign up again. His kids can, not him.

It was a Melbourne supporter pretending to be a Richmond supporter.

Plenty about it on BF.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jason King said:
Remove Mr Dustin Martin and there wouldnt be a flag and Damien Hardwick would likely not had gotten an extension. Good luck to the bloke.

I reckon Dusty is good for 3 goals a game. Without him we're three goals less. Whichever games we lost by 18 points or less we would have lost without Dusty. We still would have won the flag.

It's the beauty of Dimma's game plan and Dusty's selfless team play that we don't rely on a single player to win.

But if you're to pick one player who without we wouldn't have done what we did, I have 2. Rance and Big Nancy. Rance can't be replaced. We had no one to replace Nancy if he went down.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Baloo said:
I reckon Dusty is good for 3 goals a game. Without him we're three goals less. Whichever games we lost by 18 points or less we would have lost without Dusty. We still would have won the flag.

It's the beauty of Dimma's game plan and Dusty's selfless team play that we don't rely on a single player to win.

But if you're to pick one player who without we wouldn't have done what we did, I have 2. Rance and Big Nancy. Rance can't be replaced. We had no one to replace Nancy if he went down.

3 goals? laughable Baloo.

We wouldn't have got near it without him. The bloke just played the best season by any tiger let alone any aussie rules player.

E

easy_tiger

Jason King said:

We wouldn't have got near it without him. The bloke just played the best season by any tiger let alone any aussie rules player.

yeah but its about as mooty a point as can be made.

think of every champ who ever won a flag and get all hypothetical on their coach and teammates arse and you could occupy yourself for a helluva time.

Maybe start with a managable chunk. Ronba through to Bont?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Jason King said:

When you've stopped laughing, how much better does Durty make a team on his own?

No slight on Dusty at all. We're lucky enough to be watching a legend strut his stuff. But to say we wouldn't got anywhere near a flag without him is just *smile*. You're under rating the other 39 players in our squad immensely.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Dustin Martin was inbelievable and I would not like to bet that we would have done it without him..but I agree , I am convinced it would have been even harder without Alex Rance. Take him away and we have a very good backline...but with him our backline became invincible.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Jason King said:
Remove Mr Dustin Martin and there wouldnt be a flag and Damien Hardwick would likely not had gotten an extension. Good luck to the bloke.

Read Yellow and Black if you think Dusty was the sole reason we won the flag.