Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

yeah... Tom Morris - he'd have been tugging his peanut getting that ..

didn't realise the tosser still had a job.. then it made sense that a bigger tosser in Hutchison gave him one ..

Aint that the truth. Just when you think no reputable media outlet would touch him, here comes Jabba the HUTchy to save his day.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah I totally agree with the notion Dimma’s message had lost a certain freshness.

Tricky when your usual methods still work with the kids but how do you keep the veterans running through brick walls?

I think we saw this year it didn’t happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I wonder who the scumbag was who leaked the story to that scumbag Tom Morris. I thought the club was better than that now.
May not have been someone from the club directly. Morris could have got it 3rd hand.

I have no issues with a reporter going public with that story when they got it. Classic journalism really. I have issues with Tom Morris having a job in the media. But that's sort of countered by knowing that Tom Browne didn't break the story.

He spoke about this year would have been his last , even though he was contracted to 2025.

You could see early on there was something amiss.

The Carlton draw possibly covered some cracks.

The last practice game against Melb.

Our game style not being clear. We couldn’t see what it was.

Then injuries to key personnel was beginning to impact us, but there were other sides with injuries too.

I think he may have entered the year not fully ‘in”.

If we had beaten Essendon and then handing his resignation would have felt weird, even though he said he had thought about it after the Cats game.

I think as a thank you this Sundays game against Port at the 17 minute , we stand, applaud till the 20 minute mark in honour the flags of 17,19 & 20.

Or just at the 17 minute mark to thank Dimma for bringing us out of 37 years of wilderness.

I will find it hard to see him coaching another side. Wearing an oppositions colours.

What would be his payout?

Does this go on top of our soft cap?

Was contracted till the end of 2025, so the other part of me says, he shouldn’t coach another team or accept to coach another club till after season 25 is completed.

Yeah I know I’m being selfish here.

————————————————————

Reactions: 1 users
it's a journalist's job to break a story, if the club hadn't got the info out to everyone that's on the club.

it's a journalist's job to break a story, if the club hadn't got the info out to everyone that's on the club.
What about the media reporting people deaths before family members have been notified? It's not the same but, similar.

I have no issues with a reporter going public with that story when they got it. Classic journalism really. I have issues with Tom Morris having a job in the media. But that's sort of countered by knowing that Tom Browne didn't break the story.
Feels very grubby to me as there are relationships involved.

It’s almost (but different) like a reporter/someone you don’t know tells you your partner is leaving you before they get a chance to tell you themselves.

And your partner told the person the time they would tell you.

Even if it meant some players found out before Dimma could tell them?
Feels very grubby to me as there are relationships involved.

It’s almost (but different) like a reporter/someone you don’t know tells you your partner is leaving you before they get a chance to tell you themselves.

And your partner told the person the time they would tell you.

The reporter will be thinking if he got the leak, then it won't be long before others do. And being first with something like this is what they live for. Morris rang the club before going public, and all they said is there would be a presser the day after. I'm not sure if they asked him to hold the release of the story or not.

But it's what reporters do. It's why they cultivate sources. Better Morris (just) than Tom Browne breaking it.

Reactions: 1 users
The reporter will be thinking if he got the leak, then it won't be long before others do. And being first with something like this is what they live for. Morris rang the club before going public, and all they said is there would be a presser the day after. I'm not sure if they asked him to hold the release of the story or not.

But it's what reporters do. It's why they cultivate sources. Better Morris (just) than Tom Browne breaking it.
I get why it happens. If you don’t someone else will. That doesn’t make it right though.

Pretty sure the club told him to hold it off until the next morning.

• Dislike
From our fave mentor Emma.

EMMA MURRAY

Richmond’s mindfulness coach – arrived at Richmond in 2016

“I still quite often marvel at how someone has two completely different ways in them. He was doing it one way and then the new way he was able to embrace wholeheartedly. It was like chalk and cheese.

“You could see the old Dimma, the over-analysing accountant side of it and then he made this transformation which was so mind-blowing. I often reflect on that, he must have it in him but he just didn’t know how to access that.

“He was incredible at being super consistent in the mental space. What we are trying to do is to hold a player’s focus, not hold their focus on the outcome, but hold it on the process and to be in an emotional state which allows you to execute that process.

“What Dimma is so good at once he made that decision to do things in a different way, he was so good at controlling the players’ emotional states regardless of the score. You saw that in the 2020 grand final at halftime against Geelong. He had the ability to commit to the journey and process of what the boys were doing regardless of the outcome and that is a really difficult thing for a coach to do.

“He gave my program enough trust and enough space to actually solidify and grow, which is a difficult thing. When you are playing a sport which is physical and when things aren’t going right in the physical, it is very counterintuitive to take time out of the schedule to address the emotional side of things.

Hardwick was able to change his coaching style. Picture: Cameron Spencer/AFL Media/Getty Images

Hardwick was able to change his coaching style. Picture: Cameron Spencer/AFL Media/Getty Images
“But he really stuck true to that, never wavered on that which is a very courageous thing for a coach to do. It’s a difficult thing to do when the temptation is like we didn’t do well because we didn’t move the ball so the sensible thing to do is to do more physical work but he really gave it (the mental side) the space, trusted it.

“He was very good at listening to the messages in that space and bringing that into how he coached.

“Phil Jackson, the coach of the Chicago Bulls, his belief was always that if I can get the boys into the right emotional state then anything they come up with under pressure is going to be better than what I did as a coach.

“I think Dimma was really great at taking a group of boys and holding them in an emotional state and that’s where all the music, he got a Queen cover band in once, the gifts and the stories he did for his players, that created this emotional state which gave them the permission to wholeheartedly bring their best.

“People think coaching is about the game plan, it’s not about that at all. The most fascinating thing is you have got this guy who is this accountant and over-analytical who then flipped, literally flipped a switch.

“It must have been in there, innately been in there or he wouldn’t have been able to do that. You can’t just do it to the degree that he did it because he’d been told to d

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
What about the media reporting people deaths before family members have been notified? It's not the same but, similar.
it's the journos job to break the story, and no-one died :)

Your boss leaving is not the same as an unexpected death. But if a celeb dies, you can be sure the first journo that gets that news will be hitting the publish button as fast as humanly possible as soon as it hits their desk

I get why it happens. If you don’t someone else will. That doesn’t make it right though.

Pretty sure the club told him to hold it off until the next morning.
Imagine if he did hold off and another journo got the leak and went first.

It's literally his job to get the scoop, he got it.

it's the journos job to break the story, and no-one died :)

Your boss leaving is not the same as an unexpected death. But if a celeb dies, you can be sure the first journo that gets that news will be hitting the publish button as fast as humanly possible as soon as it hits their desk
Yep, they are scum........at least most of them are.

Anyhow the main point of my OP was the scumbag who leaked it.

You only ever get one
D Martin.
T Cotchin
A Rance
J. R
combined with game plan, connection, a time in place etc..
no guarantees for Damien to reach the summit again.
now for the RFC they can reach the summit again.
time will tell.

Just a vague guess, but as soon as Dimma put the initial discussions out there to Benny / Board, fellow coaches, senior players he started with. Then there'd be some further discussions and comments between these people and their partners / friends, often on their social media platforms. Reckon there's a good chance plenty of journo's would be hovering around on a regular basis hoping for a sniff of anything juicy.

Just a vague guess, but as soon as Dimma put the initial discussions out there to Benny / Board, fellow coaches, senior players he started with. Then there'd be some further discussions and comments between these people and their partners / friends, often on their social media platforms. Reckon there's a good chance plenty of journo's would be hovering around on a regular basis hoping for a sniff of anything juicy.
Whoever leaked it to Morris is still a scumbag:)

Maybe the slabs of beer and players driving into punt rd late on Sunday Night might have had something to do with
Bit odd that players seen walking there don’t you think .