Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Gee - some people with short memories and closed minds on here. Noticed some knives and pretty shitty comments re Dimma starting to filter through. U shud be ashamed of yourselves.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
he has been loyal the entire time.

doesn't mean you can't step aside now that dynasty has been delivered.
Im responding to what you said.
"As soon as it was clear RFC wasn’t delivering him another flag, he was out"

Thats a clear suggestion he was choosing success for himself and not his team. You cant be that selfish and loyal at the same time.
Just not buying your guesswork C

Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Mrs Hardwick mightn’t agree with you
I'm not in a position to comment on other peoples relationships, especially when I have no idea what went on.
People are complex and lives are tricky. I think we can accept that not 100% of marriages will last without criticising people

I do feel its relevant to comment on how Dimma dealt with the players he coached and how clearly he was very loyal.

Though I guess Dimma didnt see put his contract to coach. Not loyal? Or honest and considerate?

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Did Beavis give us a clue as to his mind set as early as after Rd1?
Gws beat Adel then we hear Dimma calling his mate up Kingsley asking for intel on Adel.
I am surprised it was so publicly mentioned.
I reckon he had already cooked the sausages 1000 times as early as Rd1.
Desperation move. Out of ideas?

Can anyone else recall a coach openly plotting with another coach?
I guess it matters little now.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Im responding to what you said.
"As soon as it was clear RFC wasn’t delivering him another flag, he was out"

Thats a clear suggestion he was choosing success for himself and not his team. You cant be that selfish and loyal at the same time.
Just not buying your guesswork C

Look at the club’s reaction. Benny G knows it’s the right time for both parties. It’s an amicable split.

Again, if we were building for finals and beating the teams we should to get there, there is no way in hell Dimma would suddenly cite “burnout”.

Tough gig, yes, and burnout is absolutely a thing, but I’m not buying it in this case.

Dimma saw the amount of work needed to bring us back into contention (years) and made a wise decision for both parties.

Also, he likely didn’t want to make decisions on Riewoldt, Cotchin, etc.

Another wise decision and I applaud him for it. There is no negative side to this, no betrayal or bad blood.

Just a good use of the parachute. Doesn’t happen often enough in footy.

Reactions: 5 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Not many coaches leave without the media speculating for months, with group think determining the result. Normally the club tapping the coach on the shoulder.

Given Dimmas contempt for the media, no surprise he got ahead of the story.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Did Beavis give us a clue as to his mind set as early as after Rd1?
Gws beat Adel then we hear Dimma calling his mate up Kingsley asking for intel on Adel.
I am surprised it was so publicly mentioned.
I reckon he had already cooked the sausages 1000 times as early as Rd1.
Desperation move. Out of ideas?

Can anyone else recall a coach openly plotting with another coach?
I guess it matters little now.

Coaches that have existing relationships will often call each other to talk about the oppo

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Saw a bit of Brett Ratten giving Dimma a massive wrap in front of Salty Scott on 360 tonight after seeing the photo of Dimma on the couch. Ratts has been through the wringer of life but the man has character & class. Alternatively Scott couldn't bring himself to usher a word of praise.

• Wow
Reactions: 14 users

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Saw a bit of Brett Ratten giving Dimma a massive wrap in front of Salty Scott on 360 tonight after seeing the photo of Dimma on the couch. Ratts has been through the wringer of life but the man has character & class. Alternatively Scott couldn't bring himself to usher a word of praise.
Tipping old salty won’t coaching down at Cigar park.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Yep. Salty’s contribution was asking “ is that a Tigers top he has on?…good to see he hasn’t burnt it”.
Wow.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Love Ratten. Remarkably positive man considering the cards he has been dealt

• Love
Reactions: 11 users