Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Reckon there’s more chance of him coaching Carlton than an interstate team. His kids are what early to mid teens? Not sure he’s going to up and move away from them.

Think the reality is he is a professional coach who is still young enough to have a lot of work in front of him, so he will take the best opportunity he finds.

If West Coast came knocking with the chance to work with the best off field resources in the AFL I reckon he is on the first plane to Perth.

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Think the reality is he is a professional coach who is still young enough to have a lot of work in front of him, so he will take the best opportunity he finds.

If West Coast came knocking with the chance to work with the best off field resources in the AFL I reckon he is on the first plane to Perth.
Perths a long way from your kids. Seen it first hand.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
People manage it though, especially in elite sport. The world gets smaller every day and it's easier to stay in touch with people across distance than ever.

Plus his kids will love the fringe benefits.
Depends what kind of family you want. If he wants more than ‘staying in touch’ then Perth doesn’t cut it.

Reactions: 1 user

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Seems there are plenty of sweet summer children on here who believe the narrative that Dimma is “cooked” and would’ve departed even if we were sitting comfortably in the top four.

Oh the joys of reading some of the crazy talk in here

Dimma clearly didn’t want to waste another second watching Jack run but not go anywhere, Nank spill dollies and Grub devolve into his early, spoil-only days.

Good decision. Wise decision. Let someone else lift us up again.

But why can’t folks see the obvious? Because they don’t understand football, that’s why.
I love when you write off Jack.

Just like when you had Lynch dropped last year.

It's like magic.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I love when you write off Jack.

Just like when you had Lynch dropped last year.

It's like magic.
Ask him how's Ross going as well.

Whenever Carts uses the old "you people don't understand football" line you know it's game over for the poor b'stard.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wasted no time going to the USA.
Pretty sure the bloke's not only unemployed, gave up a fancy high paid job, but he's also mentioned that he'd hit the stress wall big time. Why the hell wouldn't you pack up the kit bag n *smile* off for a long and well deserved break?

Can't for the life of me understand why we would start bagging a bloke who brought us so much footy enjoyment for reaching the point where he said he was cooked n needed to go for a major refresh.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He said he was cooked, quit his job, and taking a holiday.

FFS if you're cooked a holiday is the obvious stress reliever, get somewhere else and chill out for a while.

Good luck to him, almost 14 years in such a high pressure job, what he started with in 2010, probably didn't realise just how cooked he was. Well deserved break.

DS

Reactions: 14 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
He needs to stop tweeting and sending texts; we’ve already moved on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Who cares what he does now.
He isn't our coach.
This track record of X premiership coaches going to other clubs always ends in tears.
Malthouse at Carlton
Pagan at Carlton