Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Dimmas been honest all along how he didn't cope with the Rona imposts.

The RFC has nothing to prove to anyone this year nor does it have to hide meekly.

The sting of failure will be the spur to drive them next year with a full pre season, refreshed bodies and focus with the motivation of one last Cup.

We should be around the mark contending next year and giving the flag a real sniff but if we are not we are done.

We should also have a slightly easier draw next year if we finish 11th or 12th, but I bet we don't get one.
whoever has craig's login details please give it back to him. Way too may bright optimistic posts coming from this account for it to be really craig

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Interesting that Dimma rang Teague this week to give him his support. He's really stepping up as the elder statesman Coach in the AFL

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Interesting that Dimma rang Teague this week to give him his support. He's really stepping up as the elder statesman Coach in the AFL
When's he's not attacking helpless journalist he can be quite a nice person.

• Haha

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Needs a holiday to Love Island.
enjoy the fruits of his labour.
dip his thing into the cool ocean.
do it Dimma you deserve it.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Dimma deserves a well earned break. Was meant to be off until Jan after 2020 GF but his break up ended that and he was present all preseason. Take a full month off, go somewhere warm and away from Melbourne AFL media.
I do enjoy the moral crusaders getting all antsy when he fires back in defending his players and stupid journalists questions like he isn’t allowed to!! I’m looking at you Caro

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
whoever has craig's login details please give it back to him. Way too may bright optimistic posts coming from this account for it to be really craig
How lovely to see your concern for me my Dear Bear as the yin to your yang or vice versa ;)

Rest assured it is still I.

This season is one definately one requisite of circumspection.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
The normal build into season 2021 was compromised due to the late finish of 2020. Dimma's normal approach to build into the season, after the epiphany of 2018, unfortunately resulted in a sluggish ill prepared team susceptible to injury. Wrong approach irrespective of whether Innes was there or not. Club realised mid stream...lessons learnt! We will be challenging for years to come.

Last edited:
  • Love

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Great to see that Dimma had called Teague and you could tell that Teague is clutching at anything as he must know & feel in two weeks unfortunately he will not coach Carlton further than this year.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Surprised Clarko didn't call Teague to offer him support and ask where the good coffee shops are around Visy Park.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yep our assumption at work was that the individual concerned would be at 50% of normal capacity for a year at least. Combine this with McCrae and Leppitsch going and we have lost 70% of our functioning and match day coaching ability
Really sage piece of advice and a great reflection. I wasn't married, but in a 12 year relationship to a girl I met when I was 19. My first 6 months after the break-up I was lost. Then after that, jesus did I make up for lost time. I can only imagine a marriage, with many assets, kids, etc and how much mental space that would take up.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Dimma lost the plot in 2021
Centre clearances and stoppage work is the worst in the comp

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Right before he goes on holidays for a month he needs a red hot talking to from Benny and Balmey. His cheating on his wife has clearly hurt his coaching as he looks like it’s still 2019. The game doesn’t pause for anyone.
have a break, clear your head but come back with you head in the game

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
100%. Plus willingness to play old fashioned man on man when needed. Plus no concept of forward ball movement. Kept talking about it, but it got continually worse. Horrendous season.
People see Dimma the footy coach as shown by the media etc
Dimma the person is full of ego and very pig headed
No surprises that Leppa , McCrae and Innes not there this year .
Club changed the assistants in 2016 .
May have to do something similar in 2022. .only my view but I wouldn’t have extended his contract at start of the year .Dimma has lost respect of playing group
Irrelevant of what is said in the media etc

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
People see Dimma the footy coach as shown by the media etc
Dimma the person is full of ego and very pig headed
No surprises that Leppa , McCrae and Innes not there this year .
Club changed the assistants in 2016 .
May have to do something similar in 2022. .only my view but I wouldn’t have extended his contract at start of the year .Dimma has lost respect of playing group
Irrelevant of what is said in the media etc
Pressure is on for 2022. Will have full list back & fully fit, albeit with ageing stars. But Hardwick has to find a better game plan that doesn’t solely rely on turnovers. Contest at clearance/stoppage and kicking skills are what has to be addressed. Blob kicking down the line to stationary targets has to stop.

If you can’t kick, compete against an opponent or work hard to get separation, you can’t play.

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The issue of centre clearances and stoppages is huge .