Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Pretty disappointed at dimma to be honest.
Since the cats from quarter time where formulating “stewart good guy out of character good record “
Why cant dimma call out the action “intentional and as such a dirty act”
He could of *smile* killed prestia as simple as that

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Since the cats from quarter time where formulating “stewart good guy out of character good record “
I feel where you’re coming from but he just couldn’t.

The media would have crucified him and the club, and the biggest story this week would be about Dimma’s inability to control his emotions and toe the corporate line.

He made his point when he spoke about the club learning about itself and about the opposition.

Having to thug it out is a weakness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
what would Sheedy have said?
He would have screamed blue murder and call Steward out.

Last edited:

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I am ok for Dimma not to come out slinging. The club as a whole is internalising the AFL attack - we’ve had some outbursts and you see where that got us… I am certain this is fuel for the club. You just wait for our next meeting Cats.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I am ok for Dimma not to come out slinging. The club as a whole is internalising the AFL attack - we’ve had some outbursts and you see where that got us… I am certain this is fuel for the club. You just wait for our next meeting Cats.
Which is why I want him to stop praising other clubs, coaches and players to the journos.

Reactions: 3 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i'm hoping we are compiling a dossier ... for any kind of future reference ...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Yep, I'm certain that Dimma will have this in the memory bank and will use it when we next play the Scats.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
This is 2020 all over again. Keep silent externally but internally there would’ve been plenty of talk happening.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Above I've potted Hardwick for sleeping at the wheel early in this game. I may have got this wrong, this idea that, as usual, Scott springs traps on Hardwick and Hardwick then rights the ship and we get our systems back in place and win.

I've reviewed the game and I think it very likely that we were lead legged for 45 minutes. Then ran it out and got lively. I'm coming around the the idea that we had a training sluggishness for the first 45 minutes.

Time will tell. I'll look for some numbers.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Main session was on Wednesday wasn’t it?
I dunno, mad_tig. I don't do the fitness form that deeply. (I'm not qualified.)

But for maybe twenty years I've noticed sides the can't walk for the first quarter, and then half of the second, suddenly running and voila! playing football. 45 minutes or so.

There are plenty on PRE who know this *smile*.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just re-watched Dimma's presser and also Grimes interview after the game. Both said the same thing at the end.

We will take a lot from the game and look forward to meeting them next time, hopefully this year.

We know the drill. Take your spoils in round 15, but this is what Nank will say in his players address pre game in finals:

The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
This is not a Rant.

Dimma, you need to ease up on "The Ganja", Jungle Juice, whatever you wan't to call it.

Time to dole out some tough love.

You need to cease and desist all references to Richmond Man, Richmond Way, Richmond Game, Team first mantra.

What we've seen in recent weeks flies in the face of that.
Letting the tail wag the dog.

$hai's un-disciplined 50's Not a Richmond Man or Way.
Around the corner arrogance v Cants Not Team first.

FlossTone getting cited/suspended in last 5 mins for nothing more than arrogant petulance Not a Richmond Man or Way.
(very cross with you Tigger!)

Blowing big leads Rd 1 v C'scum, Rd 3 v Aints, Rd9 v Dawks, Rd11 v Ugly Ducklings, Rd15 V Cants Not Richmond Games.
(Did win Rd9 but gave up percentage).

Baker my God I Love the man but not signing up ASAP and putting MEDIA speak to bed Not Team first.

I am just seeing some things I don't like.
Standards seem to be slipping.
Playing like Millionaires. Defence allowing big scores.
You need to re instill some culture/ethos.
We are reasonably placed but it could have been so much better.

Ok. so it was a Rant!:mhihi

Let's return to "The Richmond Way!"

Dimma, Please attend.

Reactions: 4 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
This is not a Rant.

Dimma, you need to ease up on "The Ganja", Jungle Juice, whatever you wan't to call it.

Time to dole out some tough love.

You need to cease and desist all references to Richmond Man, Richmond Way, Richmond Game, Team first mantra.

What we've seen in recent weeks flies in the face of that.
Letting the tail wag the dog.

$hai's un-disciplined 50's Not a Richmond Man or Way.
Around the corner arrogance v Cants Not Team first.

FlossTone getting cited/suspended in last 5 mins for nothing more than arrogant petulance Not a Richmond Man or Way.
(very cross with you Tigger!)

Blowing big leads Rd 1 v C'scum, Rd 3 v Aints, Rd9 v Dawks, Rd11 v Ugly Ducklings, Rd15 V Cants Not Richmond Games.
(Did win Rd9 but gave up percentage).

Baker my God I Love the man but not signing up ASAP and putting MEDIA speak to bed Not Team first.

I am just seeing some things I don't like.
Standards seem to be slipping.
Playing like Millionaires. Defence allowing big scores.
You need to re instill some culture/ethos.
We are reasonably placed but it could have been so much better.

Ok. so it was a Rant!:mhihi

Let's return to "The Richmond Way!"

Dimma, Please attend.
It might be that we are simply not as good as we were in recent years.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'm nearly to ready to admit I was wrong that I'm reconsidering my thoughts around Dimma being shot early this season, but I'm not going to admit that yet in case I jinx anything