Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
coaching well is Mr Damien Hardwick

boys look focused and sharp.

if prone to stupid mistakes and coughing up leads. but what's new?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
I think he's coached really well largely. Our issues are more personnel based imo. Our guns are older and more injury prone and most of our young guys haven't come on. We've basically been competitive in every game for large chunks.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Team selections have occasionally been baffling, such as Soldo as the sub, other than that the players look to be invested and the game style still stacks up.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Should have picked Stack last week. Now he has a broken cheekbone.

Apart from that Dimma is coaching really well.:))
Ironically similar as 2019 they didn't pick him and he went and played on a cow paddock and stuffed his ankle and missed his chance in the Finals.

• Angry

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Time for Dimma to move on

Carlton, Saints, Swans, Geesook and now Gold C where we shat the bed in the last qtr.

You could see it coming but stuffwit Dimma was caught in the headlights

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Time for Dimma to move on

Carlton, Saints, Swans, Geesook and now Gold C where we shat the bed in the last qtr.

You could see it coming but stuffwit Dimma was caught in the headlights

He can't make Castagna and Aarts and Grimes and Broad and Rioli Jr and Short and Riewoldt all not independently brain fart. This is on the players who well and truly *smile* themselves.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Needs to face scrutiny for sure. We have been blowing 5 goal plus leads all year. It's cost us at least 5 losses. Our inability to combat this weakness has to come down to coaching in the main. Many have been posting about it since round one and here we are at round 17 and we are still watching us blow match winning leads. He clearly has not addressed it.

I think we had a chance to win one more with this group. That is gone now. Our inability to capitalise on good leads is a major factor in this. The coach can not escape scrutiny.

Reactions: 6 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
It’s completely unacceptable. A lack of leadership and culture has gone to *smile*. I’m sick of the pee weak final qtrs and stupid selections. He continues to go back to the same stuffen duds and guess what they let us down every *smile* time

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Funny how the same coach that that gets us into these game winning positions is then responsible for us losing them.

Its personnel not coaching that is the problem. We have an aging core that is required to play at an intensity they are not capable of any more. We see it in the fade-outs and the plethora of soft tissue injuries. On top of that, our backline is severely depleted from our premiership winning years and it’s the backline that was always the foundation that everything else was built on.

Hardwick is an excellent coach but he doesn’t have the players anymore to execute his vision. I’ve said it before and will say it again, things are going to get worse before they start getting better.

Reactions: 8 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Hardwick is an excellent coach but he doesn’t have the players anymore to execute his vision. I’ve said it before and will say it again, things are going to get worse before they start getting better.
Depends how we trade & draft going into 2023. If we don’t address midfielders & at least one key forward, I’d agree with you.

Reactions: 1 users