Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Someone pinged on the head earlier.
Dimma is out of form.
July is his month.
Big Boy Month.
C'mon Dimma, light a spark!!

Shortest presser I've ever seen. 3:39min. He's lost for words.
I thought he mentioned in his presser something about Nank coming off ‘in the last with a suspected ACL’.
Also ‘Soldo has a broken thumb’. was also said.
Any further news on our injuries?

I thought he mentioned in his presser something about Nank coming off ‘in the last with a suspected ACL’.
Also ‘Soldo has a broken thumb’. was also said.
Any further news on our injuries?
Nank - PCL don't know how long they take to heal.

Soldo broken thumb but should be able to ruck next week (bring in Samson too)

Well Dimma, lets hear the spin you put on that capitulation. Please don't come out with the Suns and a good side as I think I will spew.
We’ll learn from this. Gold Coast are a very good team blah blah blah

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
@craig will tell us
JB

With PCL injuries.

Time out depends on the grade of injury their are 3 odd grades of PCL injury from memory.

Grade 1 are the most minor can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to around 4 weeks or more.

Grade 2- more serious usually anywhere from 6 up to 8 weeks or more.

Grade 3 injuries / ruptures to the PCL require surgery from memory and thats 8-12 weeks or longer depending on recovery rehabbing and healing.

@The Big Richo will be better placed to clarify as my forte is more emergency health rather than sports physio rehab ect.

Thats his specialty.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Old wounds were reopened tonight. Let's acknowledge it - we all hate losing to Gold Coast up north.

Old wounds hurt... but the reality is, we still matched it with Geelong 2 weeks ago and they've since obliterated Melbourne. We have 5-6 guns close to returning.

We're closer than it feels right now.

Teams like Geelong spent a decade losing in September in part due to their premiership-induced hubris. We're far more arrogant now than we were in 2019 IMO.

Maybe this loss will end our season.

But maybe it will humble us. Maybe it will remind us that we damn sure have a unique group that stand a fair chance of figuring something out come September when the stakes are highest.

I still see a path forward with what we have.

Survive tonight's wounds and we'll be in a good position for the run home.

Reactions: 5 users
Old wounds were reopened tonight. Let's acknowledge it - we all hate losing to Gold Coast up north.

Old wounds hurt... but the reality is, we still matched it with Geelong 2 weeks ago and they've since obliterated Melbourne. We have 5-6 guns close to returning.

We're closer than it feels right now.

Teams like Geelong spent a decade losing in September in part due to their premiership-induced hubris. We're far more arrogant now than we were in 2019 IMO.

Maybe this loss will end our season.

But maybe it will humble us. Maybe it will remind us that we damn sure have a unique group that stand a fair chance of figuring something out come September when the stakes are highest.

I still see a path forward with what we have.

Survive tonight's wounds and we'll be in a good position for the run home.
Thanks for some optimism in the gloom. Things are never as bad as they look (except lol north) or as good as they look (Geelong). My brain still says without top 4 though we’ve blown it.

Reactions: 1 users
We all know that at the end of 2016 he was encouraged to change how he went about a few things. Think a tiny bit of a re-tune might be needed, maybe by Balmey or someone. Think he’s just been average this year. Some poor tactical stuff at times (Sydney and Saints games come to mind), a lot of strange (frustrating to some) selection decisions, and a few media blunders.

Maybe time for Balmey to have a quiet little coaching session re one or two items with Dimma. Nothing over the top, or dramatic, just a tiny reset on a couple of things.

Last edited:
Thanks for some optimism in the gloom. Things are never as bad as they look (except lol north) or as good as they look (Geelong). My brain still says without top 4 though we’ve blown it.

We've won flags from different situations each time - no premiership has told the same story.

Haven't won a premiership the blue collar way yet like the Bulldogs did in 2016.

Imagine adding that story to the list!

Reactions: 1 user
His got the runs on the board , but shouldn't escape criticism for me he needs to take a hard line on players not up to it and even premiership players or club champions not performing or simply there time has come. I agree can't put on him the brain fades of Grimes or Short today or simple errors , but the giving up of so many leads is on him as coach.

His got the runs on the board , but shouldn't escape criticism for me he needs to take a hard line on players not up to it and even premiership players or club champions not performing or simply there time has come. I agree can't put on him the brain fades of Grimes or Short today or simple errors , but the giving up of so many leads is on him as coach.
I want to know why we persisted with a 33% midfield? It's only the losses earlier this season which made him/MC realise that patching it up with Short and Baker might help. When are we gonna wake up to this???? Makes me wonder how many times Prestia and Chimp would've questioned this in the past few years.

Without knowing the metrics that gets used we seemed to have sacrificed the integrity of selection at the moment. (Edwards / Castagna the main ones I have in mind)

Getting out coached way too often and selection has been awful.

Reactions: 2 users
@The Big Richo will be better placed to clarify as my forte is more emergency health rather than sports physio rehab ect.

Thats his specialty.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not listening to TBR. He has a poster of O'Gorman on his wall!!

• Haha
We aren’t brave at selection. Bringing Aarts back in over giving Clarke another week or playing Sonsie. Soft.

Gifting games to Castagna instead of trying anyone else, I’d rather see @Dyer'ere idea of RCD playing as a forward then put up with more George. Sonsie should have played instead of Aarts but we went safe.

Reactions: 4 users