David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dave is important for our structure. We don't want grimes or broad playing on the big forwards or resting ruckmen

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
That was a red card in any other sport. Melshelchm deliberately went for astbury leg.

Had the same view when i paused the game last rewatching yesterday, disgrace. But AFL will do nothing as per usual.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
guys .. i watched the replay ... dirty little *smile* melksham is 150% meant to do that to avoid astbury flying... what i’m disgusted about as it can’t be proved that stamp.... why the *smile* is he not citied for trlpping...2 weeks.
GAGF M christian

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Was sorely missed. I think he would have killed many contests deep in defence.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
MB78 said:
Was sorely missed. I think he would have killed many contests deep in defence.

Agree, there were a number of times where the ball would have been punched out of the marking contest instead of falling into their arms.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Would have at least been able to put a bit of body on Norton. Just because a one tall offence worked doesn't mean a no tall defence will.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
22nd Man said:
Would have at least been able to put a bit of body on Norton. Just because a one tall offence worked doesn't mean a no tall defence will.

You didn’t see him against Cox or Cameron?
He makes no difference. Carthwaite and him are clones. Slow and very unreliable

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
I have not been a huge fan, but last night highlighted his worth. Aside from being a big body who may have blocked naughton’s clear run at the ball, he also takes the forward who broad got last night. Broad was exposed but is ok when taking the 3rd or 4th tall.