David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Huge issue at the moment. Cant out mark and can’t jump and way too slow.
We need midfielders but a Tall Marking Defender is a priority too

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Flea74 said:
Astbury out when Jack Ruwoldt is ready to return. Jack R to play a hybrid Rance/Astbury role for the first 3/4's of games- then switch with Balta (Fwd-CHB); with Jack Ruwoldt forward in the last quarters of games to kick match-winning goals/ create match-up nightmares. Nank rucking his guts out for the final q with Kamdyn relief if required?

I had toyed with the thought of jack spending time back ,

But I was thinking more traditional CHB role , intercepting marks , setting up play , he is a smart player with elite disposal, could he be used as a swing man , forward and back depending on match ups ?

E

easy_tiger

I thought Dave and Grimes were off in the first half, and I was thinking Rance made them.

2nd half, Grimes morphs into Rance 2.0 and Dave gets on top.

think they got their structure/mojo back

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Just want Astbury to rediscover his marking form. He’s never been quick & his agility went with his early career injuries. But he competes well against the big body forwards & with Stack & Edwards now behind the ball, he can still be extremely valuable just bringing the ball to ground.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tigers2011 said:
Just want Astbury to rediscover his marking form. He’s never been quick & his agility went with his early career injuries. But he competes well against the big body forwards & with Stack & Edwards now behind the ball, he can still be extremely valuable just bringing the ball to ground.

Yes still easily in our best 22 - has always been the player to keep our defence structures in place - clearly missing Rance but any defence would.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Houli BigV Broad and Grimes have been sensational in the absence of Rance.
But Astbury has been a disaster.
The sooner we find a tall marking defender the better.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Glad others picked this up. A deliberate act from Melksham. Eyes only on Astbury's feet to stop him . A hell of a lot worse than what Jack and Nank did. I'm angry that he has got away with this.