David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Amazing how after a flag in 2017 and finishing 3 games clear on top in 2018, most of our players have become duds after 2 losses to collingwood.

Just need to find our mojo, our spark, out intensity and we should be ok.

2 losses at the G since mind 2017 (both to the pies)
18 wins in 2018
Flag in 2017

Not panic stations yet. Apart from GC we lost every road game last year too... Might well be 1 - 3 after round 4.

Don’t get me wrong, DTLD been good for us, and I’m not bagging him. But he must possess one of the slowest switches in the AFL. By the time he decides to switch and then execute the kick, the whole opposition has already moved accross, he’s better off just going down the line

rokkafella said:
Don’t get me wrong, DTLD been good for us, and I’m not bagging him. But he must possess one of the slowest switches in the AFL. By the time he decides to switch and then execute the kick, the whole opposition has already moved accross, he’s better off just going down the line
His a bit like the old classic full forward, he quickly looks for an option, hesitates , nearly goes , fools everyone for a split second, then just goes back an kicks the goal or in DTLDs case he goes down the line

Mr Brightside said:
His a bit like the old classic full forward, he quickly looks for an option, hesitates , nearly goes , fools everyone for a split second, then just goes back an kicks the goal or in DTLDs case he goes down the line
This is spot on.

I'm hoping the usual Dave Astbury down line kick will be more effective with Lynch on board.

Harry said:
Amazing how after a flag in 2017 and finishing 3 games clear on top in 2018, most of our players have become duds after 2 losses to collingwood.

Exactly. I’m not writing him off. Has been very good for a few years now.

UKTiger said:
How fickle are PREnders at time. Some just love to hate

Like Bill Blake said,

See a world on punt road end,
Heaven in a goal from a rover
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in a quarter

He is unbelievable. He was waiting for broad or big V to do the spoiling every time they went forward.
He looks totally lost without Rance.

Don’t want to be negative after such a good win, however kept a close eye on DTLD today and I think his playing self protection footy , couple of time he could have flown into a pack and cover his team mate, however he choose to just stay with his man, it may well be what his told to do, however our backline has been built on helping each other out and I’m probably been harsh on Dave , however I’m seeing a few signs in Rances absence

He looks out of form. Not marking the ball like he did at his peak. Encourage him to keep hitting contests & going for his marks, especially with rebounders like Edwards & Stack behind the ball.

Astbury out when Jack Ruwoldt is ready to return. Jack R to play a hybrid Rance/Astbury role for the first 3/4's of games- then switch with Balta (Fwd-CHB); with Jack Ruwoldt forward in the last quarters of games to kick match-winning goals/ create match-up nightmares. Nank rucking his guts out for the final q with Kamdyn relief if required?

Flea74 said:
Astbury out when Jack Ruwoldt is ready to return. Jack R to play a hybrid Rance/Astbury role for the first 3/4's of games- then switch with Balta (Fwd-CHB); with Jack Ruwoldt forward in the last quarters of games to kick match-winning goals/ create match-up nightmares. Nank rucking his guts out for the final q with Kamdyn relief if required?

Odd

Flea74 said:

You want to play Jack in defence on their best forward...................................................................

Flea74 said:
Yeah nah...