David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We're the people who said move him forward lol him Balta and Grimes is a defence that wins you a flag.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
We're the people who said move him forward lol him Balta and Grimes is a defence that wins you a flag.

There's been some strange opinions that have gained traction here over the years, and Astbury forward is one of the sillier in recent memory.

DLTD dependable as ever.

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
There's been some strange opinions that have gained traction here over the years, and Astbury forward is one of the sillier in recent memory.

DLTD dependable as ever.
From memory he played forward in the juniors and we took him as a forward originally. That said as a key defender, he is the right man for that job as it frees others up to do the more flashy creative bits

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Great marks and successfully slowed the play down for some superb DTL kicks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Standard good game from DTLD, I just hope we can still get the best out of Balta as an attacking weapon of half back with DTLD doin the lock down

Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Played well first time up but I felt Balta looked a bit displaced.

Yep. Dave took his spot back and the apprentice was relegated to a bit player.

Not an issue really. Just makes our back line more intimidating.

Reactions: 1 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
We now have two players who can play on gorillas and release Grimes to be a general or smother a Cameron type. Happy days.
Noah will adapt - won't be doing too much different but not having to play on the No.1 oppo forward anymore is appropriate for a 25 gamer.

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We now have two players who can play on gorillas and release Grimes to be a general or smother a Cameron type. Happy days.
Noah will adapt - won't be doing too much different but not having to play on the No.1 oppo forward anymore is appropriate for a 25 gamer.
Agree
A slightly different role for Noah, but I thought he was still pretty good, he saved a couple of goals on the goal line.
Good game from Dave, great to have him back, I hope he pulls up well.

Reactions: 3 users