David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Dave goes to the back pocket, Grimes FB, Broad BP or Wing or IC Balta CHB, Short Hb or HF, Baker Hb, Basha on the IC changing with Short. Broad, Short and Baker are still versatile and can be played in different positions
Missing Vlaustin. Astbury in - Broad our for mine.

Yeah well, seeing as he was dropped and it took an injury from Grimes to get back in, I would hardly say it's 'no chance'.
Seems as though, I'm out voted on that one then. I'm a fan, and like what he brings to the team. Maybe, he just might be missing having Dave next to him.

Reactions: 1 user
We can cut a small forward with Edwards and Prestia back as Bolton and Lambert can run through forward again as they did last year along with Martin and Edwards.

Baker can also play all over the ground, we have options.

Seems as though, I'm out voted on that one then. I'm a fan, and like what he brings to the team. Maybe, he just might be missing having Dave next to him.

Not having a go RG, I actually prefer Broad to Markov, but I’ll defer to match committee. Oleg hasn’t done much wrong.

Not having a go RG, I actually prefer Broad to Markov, but I’ll defer to match committee. Oleg hasn’t done much wrong.
Hi Kev, I did not take you the wrong way mate, no offence intended either way. And yes, I agree, Olly deserves to stay in the team. I'm thinking from a defensive perspective
Broady may be an upgrade.

This. I distinctly recall Broad mixing it successfully with Patton and Hawkins in the 2017 finals. Gives us flexibility.

Toweled Green in the Prelim of 2017 also, toweled up Gunston in the 2018 Q/F. Was also one of our better players in the disastrous P/F loss to the Maggots.

Hasnt played a bad final Broad really, shut down Lynch in the 2017 GF and Hipwood in back to back games last year second time in the Q/F.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Toweled Green in the Prelim of 2017 also, toweled up Gunston in the 2018 Q/F. Was also one of our better players in the disastrous P/F loss to the Maggots.

Hasnt played a bad final Broad really, shut down Lynch in the 2017 GF and Hipwood in back to back games last year second time in the Q/F.
Can’t be match ups or weather. Never worried about that before.

Anyway let’s see.

Hardwick doesn’t like moonlighters.

Astbury is part of a supremely cohesive defensive unit and will play there or not at all.

Jack will play as lone tall with Caddy and Chol providing support. Castagna Rioli Aarts can all take a grab too.

Reactions: 3 users
I disagree

I agree with the disagree.

broadly is extremely front footed.

I think broad's marginalisation is quite simply down to extraordinary depth.

He must sit in the stands and secretly wish for Oleg to drop a mark or miss a tackle?

He knows that he cant rely entirely on his animal magnetism

and that he needs the premiership medals as fire starters