Dislikes before & now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dislikes before & now

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
With close to 50 yrs of watching football, what clubs have you disliked from the beginning or have they changed in the last 10 years?
Growing up. Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Stkilda & Melbourne.
Now/Today Geelong, Port, Brisbane, Collingwood & Essendon

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Then - Essendon and Carlton (arrogant scum)

Now - Essendon and Carlton (cheating scum) and Geelong (arrogant flog coach / snipers)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
When I was a kid it was Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn.
Now it’s largely anyone we play for a whole host of reasons that have been formed in encounters with them and in some cases their supporters.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Back then Hawthorn when playing them at Glenferrie rarely had a win.Today any team we play at Marvel because we just do not know how to play at that crap ground.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Essendon as a kid, successful and every second kid supported them.

Now, Geelong by a country mile.

Reactions: 2 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Collingwood and carlton always.

Have added Geelong, Essendon & Port Adelaide in more recent time.

Also, *smile* hate Brussel sprouts, what is the point.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Used to find Essendon hard to take in the 80s because every second person seemed to support them.

Nowadays I don't dislike anyone. Have a level of respect for the awesomeness of all of the athletes in the game and enjoy watching them play the game.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Used to find Essendon hard to take in the 80s because every second person seemed to support them.

Nowadays I don't dislike anyone. Have a level of respect for the awesomeness of all of the athletes in the game and enjoy watching them play the game.
You have rejected the tribalism of fandom completely?

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
With close to 50 yrs of watching football, what clubs have you disliked from the beginning or have they changed in the last 10 years?
Growing up. Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Stkilda & Melbourne.
Now/Today Geelong, Port, Brisbane, Collingwood & Essendon
Thought you’d say Greg Beck.
And today Mathew Clarke

• Haha

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
You have rejected the tribalism of fandom completely?

Pretty much, I hope we win each week and barrack hard but only for us and not against the opposition.

If we lose I give them credit and move on.

I haven't always been that way, I used to be a complete sook when we lost but life has taught me to have perspective. It's just a game.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I can find a reason to dislike anyone we are playing that particular week.
Old days probs Coll & Carl.
Now Geel, Carl, Port, Bris, Bombres.

Reactions: 4 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
In primary school I was surrounded by rabit Carlton & Collingwood supporters that all thought their sh!t didn't stink. So they can all GAGF.

Now we can add Geelong, Essendon, Brisbane, Sydney, Port Adelaide, WCE.

The rest aren't worthy of any consideration :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
As a kid. Collingwood and Carlton were hard to top and we were generally playing both of them in finals. Didn’t rate or care about anyone else.

Then moved onto Port Adelaide for a while. Never forgetting Collingwood but Carlton dropping by the wayside a bit.

Moved off Port, no longer care about them and onto Essendon BIGTIME. Collingwood still never gone away but hovering. Lost interest in Carlton.

Then retaining Essendon and picking up Geelong in the last 4-5 years.

Collingwood back on the radar after reading about the deal they got at the MCC considering we had been there since 1965 and seeing the utter self absorbed crap put out by Kelly and McGuire justifying their deal. “‘founding” club??? Paid for the Southern Stand? And the Ponsford Stand??

Pies are back on my sh-tlist with Essendon and Geelong still firmly on the ladder.