Dislikes before & now | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dislikes before & now

As a kid - Collingwood and Carlton.

Now - Geelong and Brisbane by a mile and then Port Collingwood and Carlton.

Reactions: 1 user
Growing up it was Collingwood and Carlton

added Stkilda when Grant Thomas was coach (StKilda were a second favourite side for a long time)
added Footscray when Libba split Matthew Knights head open
added Melbourne when they cheated
added Essendon when they cheated
added Sydney when they pinched Stuart Maxfield and tried to get Maurice Rioli
added Geelong when Salty arrived (were also a second favourite for a long time -Ablett, Bairstowe, Couch and Malcolm Blight -great to watch

actually I have pretty much added every team over the years

Dont mind Tassie

Reactions: 2 users
Hated Collingwood but can remember liking Geelong and North at times - and hardly ever thought about Melbourne at all

Now I absolutely despise Geelong and Melbourne equally - try and ignore Collingwood - and want NM to just disappear

Reactions: 2 users
Was Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn. Liked Geelong and Essendon back in the 80's.

Now is Geelong, Essendon, Port and Brisbane. Would have Collingwood and Carlton in the tolerate column. Hawthorn are not worth liking or disliking at the moment.

Growing up it was Collingwood and Carlton

added Stkilda when Grant Thomas was coach (StKilda were a second favourite side for a long time)
added Footscray when Libba split Matthew Knights head open
added Melbourne when they cheated
added Essendon when they cheated
added Sydney when they pinched Stuart Maxfield and tried to get Maurice Rioli
added Geelong when Salty arrived (were also a second favourite for a long time -Ablett, Bairstowe, Couch and Malcolm Blight -great to watch

actually I have pretty much added every team over the years

Dont mind Tassie
Yeah. I like Tassie too. At the moment……

Carlton . Absolutely no love for that cheating kying scum bag club. Will always be my number 1 hated club.

Reactions: 3 users
I've never hated any club as much as Geelong right now.

Cheating, priveleged, corrupting, entitled, diving thugs.

Reactions: 7 users
This year, as with last year, I firmly believe we are the only side that can stop them.

80's - Hawforn
90's - Carltoon -> Norf
00's - Essendumb -> Colonwood
10's - Essendumb
20's - Geecheat

My whole life i hated carlton

The rest of my life, i'll hate geelong

Reactions: 5 users
70's Carlton
80s Essendon
90s Essendon
00s Essendon
10s Geelong
20s Geelong

Overall - Essendon is my least favourite club and I hope they remain pathetic for a long time to come. Geelong are closing fast but my dislike has more respect attached to it.

Clearly I don't like successful Victorian teams - just like most neutrals went from having a soft spot for the Tigers in the 00s & 10s to despising us today!

Easy question. Essendon and Carlton, both savagely overestimate their own importance while being fair weather supporters.

Dislike Collingwood cause they are them but at least they turn up when things aren't great.

In no particular order.
Collingwood...detest
Carlton... same with a passion
Geelong... arrogant and love injuring Tigers
Essendon...think they are better than anyone else
Don't mind the Saints or Bulldogs so much, or any of the interstate teams.
Quite like watching West Coast.

My earliest memory of footy was the 1982 GF. So, I grew up hating carlton more than anyone.

In my early adult years, it was Adelaide and West Coast as the AFL gave them an unbelievable advantage by letting them pick the best players from their state leagues. They both won a flag year 7, while we were rattling tins and winning spoons.

In the early part of the 21st century it was Essendon, Norf, Port and St Kilda, Dons and Norf because we just never beat them. Port for the same reasons as Adelaide and West Coast ^^^. St Kilda fans were especially feral during the Thomas/Lyon era and it made me go for Collingwood in 2010.

Since the last round of expansion, my most hated team by far has been GWS, and to a lesser extent Hawthorn. The GWS hate has now subsided after their ridiculous concessions yielded no flags and we just traded in 2 of the best players. Hawthorn because I always felt they were a bit overrated and got lucky winning all those flags because other teams were unable to step up during the era of compromised drafts.

As for now, I would suggest Brisbane has taken over the mantle. Its not just because we’ve built a rivalry over recent years, but because my estranged brother follows them and I wanna see them choke. I don’t like Port neither because their supporters are just flogs that overestimate the quality of their list. I don’t hate Geelong per se… I respect what they have done. But they do have/had 4 of the biggest flogs in the game (Duckwood, Dangercheat, Sooky Scott and Hocking).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users