Draft picks 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft picks 2019

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
We have the better one
Let’s hope so. Paddy has been very underwhelming for a number 2 draft pick thus far.

Surprised we didn’t take Worrell or Robertson. But they know what they’re doing; thankfully the Miller/Beck days are long gone.

Reactions: 2 users

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
In the PRE Phantom Draft, Dow didn't get selected until pick 37!
What the hell is Richmond thinking?!?
*Insert grinning face here *

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Dont think anyone on here had Dow at our first pick !.
Not sure what to think.
A lot of the guys alot of PRE were spruiking we might get got picked up by other clubs (some who have more than one pick).

Trust the club.
Guess i will look at any highlights the club will put up to know more about the kid.

Last edited:

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
In the PRE Phantom Draft, Dow didn't get selected until pick 37!
What the hell is Richmond thinking?!?
*Insert grinning face here *

And Stack wasnt selected by any team till pre- season draft
Have some faith

Reactions: 1 users

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Surely we just took him to p!ss off Carlton, secure in the knowledge that we’ll clean up with our later and rookie draft picks.

Gazmatron

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 23, 2013
Have faith in the recruiters. The kid is underage fast with upside. Almost certainly won't be seen until 2021 and brought along slowly like Turner. The brother was thrown in the deep end and probably not given the development this guy will get.

Reactions: 2 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Dont think anyone on here had Dow at our first pick !.
Not sure what to think.
A lot of the guys alot of PRE were spruiking we might get got picked up by other clubs (some who have more than one pick).

Trust the club.
Guess i will look at any highlights the club will put up to know more about the kid.

I did

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Good pick,has tricks and huge upside,it's all about picking talent that eventually will translate into a AFL player,his range was 15-40, so not a surprise,reminds me of titch but a better mark,our guys watch thousands and thousands more minutes of junior's,so only stupidity would think ,I'm right,Tigers are wrong, vividly remember the bitching and moaning when jack Ross was called, most said who's he, what a waist,should of got player X,you were all wrong,Tigers recruiting was spot on, same same here.

Reactions: 3 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
We didn't need to pick someone ready to go, as we already have players with 1-4 years waiting to get their start. So we give a bottom-ager with Richmond traits a spot and time to develop. I'll back the recruiters on this: they've earned our trust.

Reactions: 7 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
So... Thompson Dow
Elite pace smarts agility and hands.
bottom age.

and we outsmarted all the draft watchers
With our expert development he sounds like a good one to replace Edwards by 2021/22. I like footy smarts... making good decisions quickly and instinctively. Separates the champs from the ordinary footballers.

Reactions: 3 users