Draft picks 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft picks 2019

Cant see any 'Martins' 'Cotchins" or "Castagna's" in this top 20.
Sydney used pick 5 on a kid they reckon is similiar to Gaff.
Does he Ko'd players behind players too?
Or does he get 25 of the most useless possessions in the game?

Very underwhelming draft.
We will pick it up with picks 40,41 & 42.

Reactions: 1 user
Dodoro must be spewing he gave away 2 first rounders for a bloke that kicks the Sherrin like a 8 year old.

Reactions: 1 users
Was Bucks there promising broken dreams to the kids?
Where's Hine Soup??

• Haha
Even if Dow is a dud, we will turn him into a star.
We are on the flag express kids....

Melbourne would have to be the dumbest club in the comp.
Firstly they use their first pick on a ruckman (don't they know you get ready made ruckmen from other clubs)
They currently have the best ruckman in the comp.
They have no pace in the midfield.
No true forward.
No fast smalls.
The club is built to constantly fail.
Scully instead of Martin.
Trengrove instead of martin.
Tompass Watts and Tingay all shocking picks.

** if this kid is any good watch him go back to WA.

Reactions: 3 users
Firstly they use their first pick on a ruckman (don't they know you get ready made ruckmen from other clubs)
No true forward.
No fast smalls.

Yep, picking a ruckman when that is the only position where you are competitive does come across as idiotic.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
No true forward.
No fast smalls.

Agree dumb pick , Mr Lyon won't sleep tonight .)

I can't believe I am going to say this but, in defence of Melbourne the general feeling in WA is that Jackson is drafted to be a tall forward who might one day develop into an effective ruckman.

He is super athletic for a guy his size, is a very good mark and is a very good set shot for goal.

IMO, Melbourne have enough players to get the ball forward, especially with Gawn in the ruck. They are really screaming for a tall forward, and that is what they have here.

I am not convinced that Jackson will develop into a true ruckman. 198cm is only just tall enough to make an impact as a ruckman these days, and although he can really jump, jumping ruckmen are born dying as an old poster on this site used to say.

I believe that he is being drafted as Tom Lynch type forward.

I can't believe I am going to say this but, in defence of Melbourne the general feeling in WA is that Jackson is drafted to be a tall forward who might one day develop into an effective ruckman.

He is super athletic for a guy his size, is a very good mark and is a very good set shot for goal.

IMO, Melbourne have enough players to get the ball forward, especially with Gawn in the ruck. They are really screaming for a tall forward, and that is what they have here.

I am not convinced that Jackson will develop into a true ruckman. 198cm is only just tall enough to make an impact as a ruckman these days, and although he can really jump, jumping ruckmen are born dying as an old poster on this site used to say.

I believe that he is being drafted as Tom Lynch type forward.

I agree. Jackson looked pretty impressive.

I haven’t been following this draft at all, so all I know is that the draft preview video on the RFC website shows us saying again and again that we’re confident someone will slide through to our pick.

That prediction did not happen.

Nevertheless, we might’ve still picked up a good kid who could develop into a quality player.

it looks like Thommy Dow will be a good player.
But in testing he isnt quick, in the champs he doesnt average a lot of possessions or clearances.
for my 2 cents Robertson was the value pick, or even Bianco.

Reactions: 2 users
it looks like Thommy Dow will be a good player.
But in testing he isnt quick, in the champs he doesnt average a lot of possessions or clearances.
for my 2 cents Robertson was the value pick, or even Bianco.

No one knows. Its chook lotto.
Clubs are climbing over each other to improve their selections, but noone knows.
My approach would be having 5 picks regardless where the picks are is more a chance of finding a quality kid then just relying on 1 or 2 picks.
Cripps at 11
Lennon at 12.
Martin at 3
Scully at 1

Dow is the first old style FJ reach for Clarke unlike the last two years where we picked the obvious slider in Higgins and RCD. It will be interesting to bookmark him against Robertson.