Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Another kid I'm warming to with our second round picks is Dyson Hilder (196cm, 91kg key defender from North Adelaide). Performed really well at the champs showing he can intercept and make really good choices with the ball and launch counter attacks. He's not the best athlete but he did 6.38 in the 2km time trial at the combine and that's not bad for a player his size. Played a lot of soccer in his young days, he is another one I reckon gets better quickly in a elite environment. The foot skills are really, really good. Kicks it low and hard. There's enough in the mix for me to want him with one of those picks.

Reactions: 4 users

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Haven't followed this thread and although not a junior any thought on Luke Partington? Killed the SANFL this year nearly 30 possessions a game sub 3 second 20m sprint, great hands in close, can kick and now 22.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Who knows, I like Cooper Stephens but won't be disappointed with Rivers at all.
Stephens - 62 VJ | 83 RVJ | 3.034 20m | 8.554 agility | 21.8 yo-yo | 6.17 2km TT
Ralphsmith - 63 VJ | 86 RVJ | 2.974 20m | 8.643 agility | 20.8 yo-yo | 6.12 2km TT
Rivers - 64 VJ | 73 RVJ | 3.041 20m | 8.100 agility | 21.1 yo-yo | 6.57 2km TT

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
good speed for Hugo though its not stephenson/Cameron quick... which is the comparison
He is still very outside, 30% contested, and inconsistent.
A speculative pick.

Rivers agility is v good

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Draft central are slowly releasing their rankings, some interesting stuff there

I dont rate Ralphsmith all that highly, wasnt too impressed with him this season in NAB League

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Be surprised if Dyson Hilder is still avail at our 2nd pick. Looks like a perfect Astbury type.

Jay Rantall would be a steal at our second.

I like Trent Rivers and Deven Robertson but I'm on the Cooper Stevens train for our first.

No doubt tomorrow I will feel completely different :p

Last edited:

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Be surprised if Dyson Hilder is still avail at our 2nd pick. Looks like a perfect Astbury type.

Draft Central have Hilder’s draft range as 40-70 so there’s a fair chance that Hilder will be there
Another one to consider is his WA team mate Jake Pasini, though he’s a bit under-sized at 192cm.

One I’m interested in for our second is Jack Mahoney. He trained with us at the start of the season and though he doesn’t exactly fill a list need he does fit a lot of our recent drafting criteria:

* Small but highly skilled and has a good sense of his own limitations (like Baker) which leads to good decision making.
* Slid a bit in draft predictions due to injuries this year.
* Is called Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Im a little bit in on Fats Gould.

He's got serious wheels for an Augustus Gloop type build.

he threads the eye of the needle by foot, is aggressive, good over head.

Pretty unique prospect. Kind of a fast, fat Josh Caddy

I like Cooper Stephens at 19 too, but won't be upset if we took Fats

Bit more on Fatsy, was told by at least three clubs, to drop weight before the draft. Skinnies were pushing 80. Has gone away and dropped half a dozen kegs and got the skinnies down to mid 60’s. Has only transferred down back the past twelve months, was a key forward for his entire life. Had some huge battles with Darcy Fogarty at SANFL level this year playing CHB that really impressed club land more than his u 18 stuff. Does have leadership potential. Fascinating case to follow.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Great stuff thanks Scoop.

yeah an interesting player.

he looks to be a competitive animal?

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Haven't followed this thread and although not a junior any thought on Luke Partington? Killed the SANFL this year nearly 30 possessions a game sub 3 second 20m sprint, great hands in close, can kick and now 22.
Deserves another go. When he was at West Coast his father died tragically in a mining accident and obviously it rocked him and he stepped up to lead the family and it came hard to focus on football. Geelong are a huge chance to look at plug and play.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Great stuff thanks Scoop.

yeah an interesting player.

he looks to be a competitive animal?

Yeah he has a great first attack but his fitness doesn’t give him a second or third effort. I don’t see the Hurn calls cause he’s more key position. If absolutely everything clicks, he shapes, he could be a Michael Hurley.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Deserves another go. When he was at West Coast his father died tragically in a mining accident and obviously it rocked him and he stepped up to lead the family and it came hard to focus on football. Geelong are a huge chance to look at plug and play.

Thanks Scoop. Geelong eh? I thought he might be a handy Lambert2.0 type project for us.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Thanks Scoop. Geelong eh? I thought he might be a handy Lambert2.0 type project for us.

yeah we could, just think that with the glut of picks the Cats have and the all in / win now position of their list they need some guys to come in and contribute now as well as building for tomorrow. Cats are about to go off the cliff in 18 months. It’s going to get ugly.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just on Luke Jackson he did a 6.12 2 km and 21 yo-yo test. That’s phenomenal for a ruck. These are Brodie Grundy type numbers.

Starting to understand why the Dees will pull the trigger at 3 and believe he can be a key forward early.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Cannot see a Ruckman being drafted in the top 10 , They are hit and miss and take too long to deveop

Takes 4/5 years before a ruckman is ready to play AFL properly and then they are free agents 3 years after that and are etremely hit and miss

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
doing a great job flying solo Scoop.

but I wish Bully would come back and add to the mix

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users