DRAW 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAW 2023

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Geelong has already received their draw, everyone has to wait until the afl are ready - late feb is the estimated release date.

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Geelong has already received their draw, everyone has to wait until the afl are ready - late feb is the estimated release date.
Not true. They would have received only a draft of their draw. SHocking had to go through it and make all the adjustments and tick it off when it meets his approval. Then gets sent back to the afl so they can work the other clubs around it ;) :)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Of course, who we draw is important, but I'm more concerned with our match times. With more Thursday nights coming, I’m really worried we’re gonna get screwed over with a string of Thursday night games. If this happens, I will have to look into downgrading my membership in protest. I just can’t sit idly and cop it.

covid affected seasons aside, the fixture was always released end of October

that is true, but i did read yesterday that its December. I'm not sure why. ot happy about it either.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
that is true, but i did read yesterday that its December. I'm not sure why. ot happy about it either.
I think it’s the AFL’s way of maximizing time in the media. Finals in September. They stretch out trade week in October. Have the draft in November. Then drip feed snippets of the draw until it’s released in December. Then it’s preseason in January etc

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Of course, who we draw is important, but I'm more concerned with our match times. With more Thursday nights coming, I’m really worried we’re gonna get screwed over with a string of Thursday night games. If this happens, I will have to look into downgrading my membership in protest. I just can’t sit idly and cop it.

I guess that's the hard part for the AFL, one person's screwed over is another person's wish.

I'd love as many Thursday nights as possible, more the better.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I guess that's the hard part for the AFL, one person's screwed over is another person's wish.

I'd love as many Thursday nights as possible, more the better.
I'm neither here nor there on Thursday nights. Why are you so keen on Thursday nights?

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I'm neither here nor there on Thursday nights. Why are you so keen on Thursday nights?

They just suit my life better, weekends are busy and I find it great to have the footy done on Thursday and be freed up for other things. I'd rather have weekends free to play golf or go and watch my kids play local footy and netball.

If I'm not going to the footy Thursday is a great night to sit down and watch footy, when there is usually nothing else happening.

I understand I'm not typical because I no longer work, my kids are grown up and I have a place within walking distance of the MCG but it really suits me now.

Reactions: 2 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I think it’s the AFL’s way of maximizing time in the media. Finals in September. They stretch out trade week in October. Have the draft in November. Then drip feed snippets of the draw until it’s released in December. Then it’s preseason in January etc

which is dumb. the AFL are convinced they need to be in the limelight 365 days per year. Nup. People need a break.

I would hold the FA, trade period and draft over the 3 weeks post the GF. Let the womens finals take over in November. Then STFU til February.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Along with Suns & Aints at thier home dungholes

Which would be exactly what we would want I think.

It's a hard situation, it's a bit like the fans v TV situation where you have a football department and a commercial reality.

I'm sure Hardwick would want Gold Coast, North, GWS, Port and Fremantle at the MCG but Brendan Gale wouldn't want any of them as home games.

Ultimately, as with the fans vs TV, the commercial reality will generally win out.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Suns or Brisbane away on the weekend of the 6th / 7th August would be nice as I'll be up there for the womens world cup that weekend for the game on the Monday.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Suns or Brisbane away on the weekend of the 6th / 7th August would be nice as I'll be up there for the womens world cup that weekend for the game on the Monday.

We seem to be getting our Gold Coast game during Vic school holidays lately, no doubt a Gold Coast and Queensland Government request.

There's a lot to this draw stuff when you start to examine it.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Lucky you Posh. Really enjoy the womens' golf. They smile a lot and seem to enoy themselves.
The men, whilst skilful, hardly ever crack it for a laugh or smile.
Having played golf with a pretty low handicap, I can enjoy the skill of the game, more than anyone who has not played.
Better golfer than a footballer was I.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
We seem to be getting our Gold Coast game during Vic school holidays lately, no doubt a Gold Coast and Queensland Government request.

There's a lot to this draw stuff when you start to examine it.
I live on the Gold Coast these days. The tigers have a big following up here so it’s nice to watch them play here. I think a few Vic’s like to get out of Melbourne in winter as well.

Reactions: 1 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I live on the Gold Coast these days. The tigers have a big following up here so it’s nice to watch them play here. I think a few Vic’s like to get out of Melbourne in winter as well.
And I thought Posh was lucky!!
Living on the Gold Coast must be heaven.
Spent a lot of time on the Sunshine Coast on holidays so can appreciate your lifestyle *smile*.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

Probably playing in Sydney on July 21 or August 19/20 would suit me better (or QLD on July 28).

Lucky you Posh. Really enjoy the womens' golf. They smile a lot and seem to enoy themselves.
The men, whilst skilful, hardly ever crack it for a laugh or smile.
Having played golf with a pretty low handicap, I can enjoy the skill of the game, more than anyone who has not played.
Better golfer than a footballer was I.

How did you come to the conclusion @mrposhman is talking about golf? :unsure:

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
We always know when we play GC. Collingwood and Richmond always play the GC away during school holidays. This guarantees the two biggest home games for them.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Heard it was gonna be early December? ?
AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan on Thursday (20 October) hinted the 2023 fixture would likely be released in the first week of December.

I'm going for Thursday, 08 December for the draw to be released, at least the first six week cycle.

Like some other years, think we'll be in a block with teams who finished 4, 5 and 6 (we finished 7th) and maybe another two teams outside the eight.

So my guess, we will get TWO games versus - Collingwood, Fremantle, Brisbane Lions, Port Adelaide and Hawthorn.

Interstate games then to be Fremantle, Brisbane Lions, Port Adelaide and two more could be - Giants for the value of the new Tiger Twins playing their old team, and one of Adelaide or West Coast away as they will finish low and they wouldn't want us to get an 'easy' game versus them at our home ground.

But if it worked out - Pies, Freo, Lions, Port and Hawks - as our double up's in the draw, I don't think that is too bad a draw? :unsure:

Bet I'm Fifty Shades Away From Gray with this projection aye :LOL:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
April 24 next year is a Monday which is a long weekend with that gap (Melb Cup style), so it's best to plan a sickie for the night game against Boringbourne.