DreamTime side vs Esserdern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DreamTime side vs Esserdern

Craig McRae has brought up the idea again of shorting the quarters.
I’ll be happy for them to try this in our game.
Something like 4-5 minutes each quarter?
Not sure why the quarters need to be shorter, players now spend half the game getting "stand" yelled at them, surely that is enough of a break.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If we lose under 10 goals, I’m taking it as a win

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Maybe if they genuinely opened the game up there'd be a lot less injuries? As for shortening the games, how about getting rid of all the arse waggling, positioning n instructing then waiting for the commercials to finish at each stoppage n score. *smile* time on takes up almost as long as the actual playing time each qtr.

Yep, this.

The AFL talk a lot about how the game is too long, it isn't the game which is too long, it is the interruptions. The endless wait for the centre bounce to cater for ads, the posing umpires wasting time by existing, the absurd ARC non-decisions . . . the list goes on.

Get on with the game, forget the idea of shorter quarters, they changed that a few years ago already and it made little difference. Australian football has quarters which last around 30 minutes, what is the problem?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Yep, this.

The AFL talk a lot about how the game is too long, it isn't the game which is too long, it is the interruptions. The endless wait for the centre bounce to cater for ads, the posing umpires wasting time by existing, the absurd ARC non-decisions . . . the list goes on.

Get on with the game, forget the idea of shorter quarters, they changed that a few years ago already and it made little difference. Australian football has quarters which last around 30 minutes, what is the problem?

DS
think they need to watch the 67 grand final.One central umpire.No arguments(except Geelong supporters after the game).Fast . Everyone got on with it.And the crowd were cheering more please.

Reactions: 1 user
think they need to watch the 67 grand final.One central umpire.No arguments(except Geelong supporters after the game).Fast . Everyone got on with it.And the crowd were cheering more please.

That is a great game to show the differences over almost 60 years. It was a fast and furious game back then and a lot to like about the "look" of the game the AFL seem so concerned about. Yes, there was some congestion at centre bounces, but less so around the ground. Stoppages were less of an issue given the umpire just grabbed the ball and bounced it immediately rather than the useless palaver they insist on these days. No issue with where the umpire was backing off to after a bounce, the ump just kept out of the way. The game was all about the players and the teams - such a contrast to now where the adjudication is getting closer to centre stage by the week.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Stoppages were less of an issue given the umpire just grabbed the ball and bounced it immediately rather than the useless palaver they insist on these days.

That was so good - "if you aren't here yet I'm starting without you".

Also useful for breaking up melees

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
If we lose under 10 goals, I’m taking it as a win
I can't stomach that, it is Essendon we are talking about coached by one of the Scott brothers :vomit

I live in hope that maybe we can push them hard, make them sweat a bit at least. We have to start much better than the last few weeks as a beginning point

IN: Baker, Seth, Samson

OUT: Young, Mansell and Coulthard (huh??? in Dreamtime)

• Wow
IN: Baker, Seth, Samson

OUT: Young, Mansell and Coulthard (huh??? in Dreamtime)
Big relief for me that Vlaustin is named but I'll still wait and see as same thing happened to Bakes last week but was a late out

You look at the side on paper it's basically the same side as last week give or take, yeah I know there are a few young blokes but I'm damned to know how that is a 100+ point loss side two weeks in a row

You look at the side on paper it's basically the same side as last week give or take, yeah I know there are a few young blokes but I'm damned to know how that is a 100+ point loss side two weeks in a row
How about 90?

• Haha
Last time we have 3 talls we won. More marking power in our forward line, however, we need to win our fair share of the ball from centre.