DreamTime side vs Esserdern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DreamTime side vs Esserdern

Its going to be interesting how we line up tomorrow.

I'd suggested on another thread, I'd like a look at a dual ruck proposition. Nank taking defensive half ruck contests and then floating back as a tall, with Ryan taking forward half ruck contests. Maybe this is the plan as otherwise we look a bit short down back, though Essendon don't play tall. If the plan is to float Nank back, then him playing in the hole with Miller taking Wright (and Nank then blocking his ability to lead into space could work well). They have a plethora of medium sized forwards though which might be why we've gone this way, just no match up for Young. Stringer, Langford and Perkins will be way too quick and agile for him IMO. Broad, Vlastuin and Brown will take a mix of Caddy, Stringer and Langford you'd think.
Yes, not confident that Miller can manage Wright, umps will ping him for looking at him! But also think we don't really have a good match-up for Stringer, since Floss will be the spare trying to intercept.
Have to hope he misses; runs hot or cold with goal-kicking.

Well maybe he's " Omitted " because he didn't bother to turn up for main training day coz he was busy pulling cones. Who knows n what does it matter, it's not like we've omitted the best player in the comp who was racking up 30 possessions n half a dozen goals per game. Coulthard was in the team as a substitute to help cover for one of our dozen or more injured players, some of them are fit and back now so he gets " Omitted " back to the magoos where he's been playing this year. Crikey it's no big deal.
He's not getting replaced by an in form team mate mind you(Campbell).lol

Reactions: 1 user
I'II tell you how Essendumb will beat us tomorrow. 15m kick, mark, they will keep doing this until they get it into the forward 50 and have a shot for goal. Otherwise kick it long to 2mPeter. We don't man up that's the problem. Yze too dumb to tag Merrett. Martin off half back will have 30+ Stringer will do as he pleases and the new kid Caddy will probably kick 3. I hope I am wrong.
Yes they sliced through us all day last year kick-mark. Kick-mark all the way down the ground. Wore us down eventually

For goodness sake - just compete. Take the game on, especially continual movement to present options to ball carrier.

Go forwards, not sideways or backwards. Keep it very simple.

Man our half forward midfield turnovers kill us with our defenders pushing up to attack leaving opposition forwards free out the back.