Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

He is like an old vintage Penfold.
You can open it, you can smell it but unless you taste it you will never know how good it is.
He is the best player ive seen.
Just in front of Castagna
Yep, George has got Dusty covered for disposal :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
What a joy it is to watch Dusty in full flight.

Bloke is an artist, with the football field his blank canvas.

The one thing he doesn't get enough credit for is his disposal by left foot. One of, if not the best dual sided player in the comp.

Reactions: 1 users

The one thing he doesn't get enough credit for is his disposal by left foot. One of, if not the best dual sided player in the comp.
Last wee when turned Haynes inside out to go on his left Haynes just stopped, body language said "oh *smile*, forget that"

True, although to be fair he seemed to put the left peg away for a while, opting to check-side or use the outside of the foot in general play. Yes, Dusty is brilliant. Yes, kicking around corners or trying to miss open goals by dribbling straight forward shots at goal, have become the new norm. However, in my mind there a too few professionals who can deliver well on their non-preferred. Glad to see Dusty using his full array of tricks atm.

When he was lining up to snap his first goal, the umpire got in his way and Dusty just smiled and snapped it from 40 meters out anyway.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
When he was lining up to snap his first goal, the umpire got in his way and Dusty just smiled and snapped it from 40 meters out anyway.

I think it was also to the Dogs player that was waiting to man the mark and the one 15 metres away.

‘ I know you know what I’m going to do, but I will do it anyway’

He is like an old vintage Penfold.
You can open it, you can smell it but unless you taste it you will never know how good it is.
He is the best player ive seen.
Just in front of Castagna

Just remembered still got a bottle of Penfolds in the cupbaord.
Mix it with some lemonade

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
The call on TV for *that* goal was pretty good too. "Ohhhh Dusty, you are a freak!"

Reactions: 1 user
One thing he doesn't show often enough is his turn of pace. Still able to put a yard on most other mids as seen in his second goal.

The great man just seems to be able to impact when he decides he is going to and thats that.

Imperious player when on, there are none like him in the comp when he's on and playing in boss mode.

Reactions: 2 users
I've enjoyed watching a lot of players in the yellow and black. He is one of a small few that I can remember feeling genuinely privileged to have seen.

Sadly I felt the same way watching Gary Senior, Tony Lockett, tear us a new one every time we played them.

The great man just seems to be able to impact when he decides he is going to and thats that.

Imperious player when on, there are none like him in the comp when he's on and playing in boss mode.
There has never been a player like Dusty, the best I've ever seen......sorry Royce.

Reactions: 2 users
There has been some amazing class ball winners and distributors over the years some really elite really quality players.

Greg Williams, Simon Black, Michael Voss, Scott Pendlebury, Lenny Hayes. Mark Ricciuto and uber skilled slick mids like Akermanis, Peter Matera, Andy McLeod, Dean Kemp, Chris Judd, Nicky Winmar, Darren Jarman, Nigel Lappin etc.

But there not many that that can be both at the same time.

Dusty is Dusty!!

Dangerflog, Pendles, Coniglio, Cripps, Kennedy, Bontempelli, Shuey, Gray, Kelly and Neale as good as they all are and they are all great players they are not on the Tiger Kings level hen in boss mode. Elite level Fyfe is next best probably but even elite Fyfe aint the Tiger KIng in boss mode!!

The things that the Tiger King does are not transferable to others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users