Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Just on the defensive game of Dustin....I am loving the new "slap down" of the ball out of the opponent's hands. I could be wrong but I haven't seen this as a common tactic? He did it twice within 30 secs or so in the dogs game. Neat way to release the ball. By belting the ball out of the ball carrier's hands instead of going for the tackle, he twice effectively released the ball and took the ump out of the process.

Is it another Dustin trademark ?

Reactions: 6 users
Just on the defensive game of Dustin....I am loving the new "slap down" of the ball out of the opponent's hands. I could be wrong but I haven't seen this as a common tactic? He did it twice within 30 secs or so in the dogs game. Neat way to release the ball. By belting the ball out of the ball carrier's hands instead of going for the tackle, he twice effectively released the ball and took the ump out of the process.

Is it another Dustin trademark ?

hes been doing the kind of black fella basketball swat steal for ages. pretty sure he did a ripper on the PRE 50 in the '17 flag

Reactions: 1 user
yep
hes been doing the kind of black fella basketball swat steal for ages. pretty sure he did a ripper on the PRE 50 in the '17 flag
Yep, then across to Houli for goal #1 I think?
that was more a basketball bounce.
I like this new defensive 'don't argue'

Reactions: 1 users
Open the 50 up.
Play Martin one out.
Force Andrews to go to him.
Then Chol Jack and lynch will dine out.

Took on another wannabe contender. And once again Martin showed why he is the undisputed heavy weight champion.

Reactions: 4 users
Those two kicks are as good as you will ever see.

Give me 20 Dusty touches over 40 Neale touches any day of the week and twice on game day.

Reactions: 9 users
His kicking to position has definitely improved over time. He hardly misses anymore.

Every game now there is a new contender for one of the greatest passes of all time. It's ridiculous. Just making it sing atm.

Reactions: 2 users
Privilege to watch him play and we’re doubly privileged, because he’s one of ours. My Dad passed a few years before we drafted Dusty. He followed the Tigers all his life. Loved guys like Royce and KB, even Ian Stewart when he was with us. One of his favourites of all time was Mopsy Fraser. Much as I love Dusty, I always get just a little sad, because every time I see him turn it on, I think how much my father would have loved the guy.

• Sad
Reactions: 10 users
I've said it before Bird, if he can pull off another big finals series, lead us to the Triple P, it's enough for me. A 3rd NSM will not hurt his claim.

Had a chuckle before the game lastnight listening to Healy and McClure. ...... if you're starting a team, who's your first pick..

Start off around the 3minute mark with the best player in the competition in the past 2 years.... according to McClure. .....

And up until the 11 minute mark where Healy so wants to annoint Fyfe and then declares Nic Nat as the greatest ruckman since Simon Madden!:rotfl1

Thank Christ someone ie; Leigh Matthews has a clue.

• Haha
As his coach said last night he's the type of player who doesn't need many touches to change the shape of the game.
He is the epitome of a match winner.
Best player in the competition & the best I've seen in the yellow & black in 40 years of watching the Tiges.
Best of all he makes footy fun to watch.

Reactions: 5 users
im so grateful to have been alive to watch this guy play for the tigs. he's just so so bloody good.

Not sure if he got a rocket last week for kicking that goal from the boundary but I thought he looked to give off too often last night. i would much prefer Dusty take a ping from anywhere within 65m than dishing off to Higgo 40m out.

Not sure if he got a rocket last week for kicking that goal from the boundary but I thought he looked to give off too often last night. i would much prefer Dusty take a ping from anywhere within 65m than dishing off to Higgo 40m out.
Unless Higgo is totally alone within 30m. Then, he's still only a 50/50 chance. Back Dusty at 70/30 from near 60m range.

Reactions: 2 users