Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Great game.
And a great contributor.
As others have mentioned, he did a lot of little things (second and third efforts) that I haven't always come to expect of Dusty.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Great game.
And a great contributor.
As others have mentioned, he did a lot of little things (second and third efforts) that I haven't always come to expect of Dusty.

He is the best player in the comp.
By the length of the Farmington straight. Lachie Neale is another Wowodien.
When he plays the rest watch.
Not sure the umpires agree.
Opppstion are hitting him high.
No free kick and yesterday it could've been a disaster when an Essendon player went to trip him.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
I had him pinned for bog too but wasn't at all upset when Shai was read out. fits the narrative better too
Yeah I thought he was a shoe in, but happy for Shai.

His highlight for mine was when tippa was about to get the ball on the boundary and Dusty dove in and down slapped the ball back to our player.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Yeah I thought he was a shoe in, but happy for Shai.

His highlight for mine was when tippa was about to get the ball on the boundary and Dusty dove in and down slapped the ball back to our player.

He's done that ball slap type action before and has incredible ball control - sometimes it’s almost like he’s dribbling a basketball
Obviously the bloke is a genius and it’s just so good to watch

Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He is the best player in the comp.
By the length of the Farmington straight. Lachie Neale is another Wowodien.
When he plays the rest watch.
Not sure the umpires agree.
Opppstion are hitting him high.
No free kick and yesterday it could've been a disaster when an Essendon player went to trip him.
Dead on, except for the Neale Woewodin comparison. Woewodin was a one season wonder. Neales better than that, but his many disposals per game don’t hurt the opposition as much as Dusty can with half the numbers.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Dead on, except for the Neale Woewodin comparison. Woewodin was a one season wonder. Neales better than that, but his many disposals per game don’t hurt the opposition as much as Dusty can with half the numbers.
Building, Building that's what I like. Pin point passes, in between pack shooting a direct handball to team mate, kicking goals.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dusty was brilliant again, only flaw this particular game was his disposal efficiency wasn't particularly good, only 53% and why I had Shai as BOG. I have noticed him being a lot more aggressive defensively this year which is great to see as it's probably been his biggest knock (not that it matters as much when you are so influential with your own disposals).

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It is odd because in his under 18 games that you can watch he is so proficient on his left. He can use it but seems to prefer not to
He has delivered some great passes on his left this season and prior, but seemed to hesitate and lose confidence on that one. Puzzling; probably wanted to pass it off but no targets.
Too much of a team player often. Should just go for his shots. Ditto Rioli.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Goal was brilliant. Does things others players just can’t....like getting done for throwing the ball when being tackled.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Not as prolific ball winning wise, but always involved and dangerous.

That was a goal of such beauty it would make Rembrandt cry.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
For a man who has achieved so much he still has the hunger. He can sniff October action.

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
For a man who has achieved so much he still has the hunger. He can sniff October action.

Agree. Love his celebrations after big wins. You can see how much it means to him.

Think I have mentioned this before, but it's amazing that such an individually brilliant player can be so team orientated and get so much joy out of the achievements of the collective.

Reactions: 10 users