Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Virtually unsighted first half. Stepped up big time in the second half and was a key reason we won with reasonable ease.

Just seems to know when to turn it on. How about that banana goal :))

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Dusty carried us for weeks at a time through July. Heavy workload, lots of mid minutes, only Shai in support. Freshen for Spring Carnival.

Reactions: 5 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Loves to win. Is a winner. Is a *smile* champion.

That's because he couldn't hang around usually Ball-Winning Shai for a cheap handball receive, Olds.

Our man has been glamourising for a few weeks.

Not to say that Mr Martin doesn't enter the action when the game is in the balance. Dusty was always going to get busier in the second half.

But he has other gears, doesn't he?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That's because he couldn't hang around usually Ball-Winning Shai for a cheap handball receive, Olds.

Not to say that Mr Martin doesn't enter the action when the game is in the balance. Dusty was always going to get busier in the second half.

He's like a group 1 thoroughbred Jack.

Does his best work in the spring.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
KB acts like a buffoon at times these days but he was a freak of nature whose career was so consistent over many years. Would have won a few Normies along with his five flags. Longevity, durability, consistency, excellence... he had it all. I remember his happy knack of kicking goals late in the last quarter to seal big games. Dusty is coming along nicely and has KB covered in his strength, skills and ability to draw teammates into a game. May well finish his career better than KB. I hope so. Celestial comparison in terms of their contribution to Tigerland. Both are in the highest echelon of AFL footballers.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia

That's *smile*. He is working harder than ever.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
We all know the coaching panel set Sydney Stack to running midfield roles when he came back fat from COVID break. Fair enough too.

And the coaches set Dustin Martin on the same path when he came back from COVID break happy.

We've all seen the Instas. Dusty in the burgundy smoking jacket. Cognac balloon on the firestand. A white wolf skin at his feet. Giant screens behind him of ZOOMED cigar bunnies, informally attired.

Some call it the Dusty Hefner period. Others La Belle Bunny ZOOM epoque. (I think Swan coined that one.)

I'm a Hefner man, myself. Romeo y Julieta. Partagas. If in USA Davidoff.

Did you see Dusty retching over the months when he returned? Choking, vomiting.

The bunnies were not to blame. It's not that the bastard was douching Johnny Depp's cellar. He was chain smoking Havanas.

Dusty Hefner is still sweating that.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We all know the coaching panel set Sydney Stack to running midfield roles when he came back fat from COVID break. Fair enough too.

And the coaches set Dustin Martin on the same path when he came back from COVID break happy.

We've all seen the Instas. Dusty in the burgundy smoking jacket. Cognac balloon on the firestand. A white wolf skin at his feet. Giant screens behind him of ZOOMED cigar bunnies, informally attired.

Some call it the Dusty Hefner period. Others La Belle Bunny ZOOM epoque. (I think Swan coined that one.)

I'm a Hefner man, myself. Romeo y Julieta. Partagas. If in USA Davidoff.

Did you see Dusty retching over the months when he returned? Choking, vomiting.

The bunnies were not to blame. It's not that the bastard was douching Johnny Depp's cellar. He was chain smoking Havanas.

Dusty Hefner is still sweating that.

your in Captains form tonight Capn

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
That's *smile*. He is working harder than ever.

Dusty is one of the top three players I've ever seen, JK. He's not GOD. Just kidding. He is obviously God but I'm having a bit of a joke.

Dusty is bludging off Shai. That's funny, isn't it? And he's actually done it more than once. Because he knows where the ball is going. To Shai.

That said, I think Dusty has another gear. And I don't think, for a second that he is working harder than ever.

I have seen a Dustin Hefner who would take a thousand bunnies before Good Friday.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Dusty is one of the top three players I've ever seen, JK. He's not GOD. Just kidding. He is obviously God but I'm having a bit of a joke.

Dusty is bludging off Shai. That's funny, isn't it? And he's actually done it more than once. Because he knows where the ball is going. To Shai.

That said, I think Dusty has another gear. And I don't think, for a second that he is working harder than ever.

I have seen a Dustin Hefner who would take a thousand bunnies before Good Friday.

I really don't know how to respond. It's like I am not smart enough to get the joke :D

I haven't seen Dusty work this hard defensively ever.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
I really don't know how to respond. It's like I am not smart enough to get the joke :D

I haven't seen Dusty work this hard defensively ever.

I know pressure points don't mean much to some but Dustin was second behind Jack Graham last night. I haven't quite worked out what exactly is different this season but it's almost like he's acting as a decoy and helping to create the space for Shai to shine. What I do think is that Dustin and his contribution is continually underappreciated by many fans who constantly have the 'superstar' expectation and fail to see just how important he is to the overall balance of the side. Plus Dustin's on field leadership has stepped up big time!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users