Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt has echoed coach Damien Hardwick in saying the club would not stand in Dustin Martin’s way if the superstar requested a trade before the end of his current contract.

Hmmm. Think jack has just found himself in the VFL squad.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Eddie again on fire last night. Laughed off speculation about Dusty leaving and pretty much said that it could be a Ralph Carr special.

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Richmond spearhead Jack Riewoldt has echoed coach Damien Hardwick in saying the club would not stand in Dustin Martin’s way if the superstar requested a trade before the end of his current contract.

Is that a headline you've pasted in @seven or is that what he said verbatim?

amc11

Tiger Rookie
Dec 7, 2018
Is that a headline you've pasted in @seven or is that what he said verbatim?
Jack was asked about it on AFL360 Extra .

Snippet:

“I think this (player movement) is the reality of football going forward and it grabs headlines at a supersonic level because Dustin’s involved,” he said.

“If any player at Richmond comes to the club and says, ‘My family circumstances have changed, for my mental health I feel I’d be better in a different state and different journey’, why would a club stand in the way of doing that?

“Don’t get me wrong, Dusty has two years to go in a contract and is arguably the best player to ever play for the Richmond Football Club, of course we want him to see out his contract and we want him to be a Richmond man, but these things happen.

“People’s happiness take them on a different journey. I believe what Dimma said is truthful.”

Still, Riewoldt was unconvinced Martin’s trip to New South Wales during his personal leave this season was an indication of any future move.

“I can see where the correlations are drawn,” he said, “but the Dustin that we’re seeing around the football club at the moment and the investment to not only play but just the conversations he has with staff members about where the club is going and the direction doesn’t come across as someone that’s looking for a change at the moment.”

Reactions: 10 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
This is such a nothing story.

If you’ve ever worked with someone who wants to be somewhere else you know this all rings true. It’s just hypothetical conversations IMO.

Replace Dustin Martin’s name with (almost) any other player on our list and would have lasted 5 minutes.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Are they passing Dimmas Spliffs around at Punt Road or what ??

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
This is such a nothing story.

If you’ve ever worked with someone who wants to be somewhere else you know this all rings true. It’s just hypothetical conversations IMO.

Replace Dustin Martin’s name with (almost) any other player on our list and would have lasted 5 minutes.
It's bloody annoying though. Even if he wasn't thinking about it the speculation is so great he'd have to at least kick the tyres on it. F'in AFL media.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Personally I think he’ll stay and at least see out this contract. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Ralph Carr actually negotiated an extension to it. It’d make Dusty a Tiger for life plus guarantee a couple of extra years on still stellar $.

Reactions: 2 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
It's the Sydney factor. I think both Lockett and Buddy were attracted by the relative anominity. Dusty seems to be cut from the same cloth.
One thing that may be a little different, the nrl media do seem to have a fascination with dusty in a rockstar kind of way .

Their social media pages were continually showing footage of him partying after the 20 gf , never seen them have a fascination with an afl individual like that before . It wasn’t about Richmond, it was all about Dustin .

It may not be as anonymous as people make out if he went there .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Not often a Goat changes clubs though is it?
Lockett, Franklin, Judd, Ablett Jnr, G Williams, N Buckley

Too much noise for this to be nothing - he has asked if he can be traded. Club not sure if it can be done but warming everyone up in case

Reactions: 1 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Lockett, Franklin, Judd, Ablett Jnr, G Williams, N Buckley

Too much noise for this to be nothing - he has asked if he can be traded. Club not sure if it can be done but warming everyone up in case

Yep too many warm hugs around this story by Dimma and then Jack for my liking. Reckon there is something in it unfortunately.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It's bloody annoying though. Even if he wasn't thinking about it the speculation is so great he'd have to at least kick the tyres on it. F'in AFL media.

Dimma needs to come out a rip into Jack for say that publicly. That’s not the Richmond way.
Congratulations Jack you just a one way ticket to the VFL

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Dimma needs to come out a rip into Jack for say that publicly. That’s not the Richmond way.
Congratulations Jack you just a one way ticket to the VFL

Agree. The club has had a lot of success by embracing a more caring attitude, but at the end of the day, there's a difference between saying this sort of stuff publicly and privately.