Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I got a haircut yesterday and the hairdresser was telling me shes a single mum of a 6yo tiger fanatic.

She said her son is totally perplexed why she

'Wouldnt just marry Dusty' :love:

It's a fair question

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Agree. The club has had a lot of success by embracing a more caring attitude, but at the end of the day, there's a difference between saying this sort of stuff publicly and privately.

Can't agree

Saying things like Hardwick and Jack have reinforces the more caring attitude. Sends the signal to all prospective players, draft and trade wise, that Richmond cares about it's player's welfare. That is a good thing.

Reactions: 10 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Can't agree

Saying things like Hardwick and Jack have reinforces the more caring attitude. Sends the signal to all prospective players, draft and trade wise, that Richmond cares about it's player's welfare. That is a good thing.

They can do that privately, without giving the public impression they're happy to let him walk for a pittance.

Reactions: 1 user

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
If their is nothing in it they answer the question differently. It’s pretty obvious.

Dusty has no doubt asked the club to look into a trade to Sydney. It makes complete sense given what he has been through the last 12mths. He can hang with Buddy and his Syd mates and be left alone by the media etc.

He won’t insist on it but if we can get a reasonable deal we’ll do it. The key will be convincing him to accept GWS as an option also. We can then play them off against each other and get something reasonable in return. GWS will trade out Cognilio or similar and get the cap space and picks to satisfy us.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
I think Dusty needs to think long and hard before leaving a club that has done so much to protect him and his life style.
He is surrounded by people who care about him as a person not just a footballer.
Everyone talking about how he’ll be out of the spotlight in Sydney but I call bull dust on that. The pressure will increase as the great Dustin Martin has come to Sydney. All hail the messiah, even his new teammates would think that way to some extent.
Would either of the NSW clubs protect and support him as we have done?
Going to Sydney could be his biggest football regret

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'll believe it if/When it happens.

It's all AFL media bullschitt imho
Exactly. Believe it when you pointedly hear it from the club and not a moment sooner.

Otherwise you’re being sucked in by a mega unreliable, Richmond hating media.

Reactions: 6 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The sooner people realise this is just the media filling up the airwaves and social media pages the better off you will be.

I know Eddie is not popular on this forum but just listen to him from the other night on Footy Classified. He pretty much said it’s a media beat up and hinted at possible ploy by Carr to keep the Martin brand in lights.

Reactions: 7 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The sooner people realise this is just the media filling up the airwaves and social media pages the better off you will be.

I know Eddie is not popular on this forum but just listen to him from the other night on Footy Classified. He pretty much said it’s a media beat up and hinted at possible ploy by Carr to keep the Martin brand in lights.
You're probably correct but the media cheer leading to make this happen is nauseating. Never seen anything like it in terms of the possibility of a player changing clubs. It's almost like they've all turned Swans supporters over the past week.

Reactions: 1 users

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
If this *smile* keeps going, it's going to be a *smile* long 4 months for us Tiges Supporters. Over it now.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
You're probably correct but the media cheer leading to make this happen is nauseating. Never seen anything like it in terms of the possibility of a player changing clubs. It's almost like they've all turned Swans supporters over the past week.

As Molly Meldrum always says "Do Yourself a Favour " & ignore the idiots.

Don't feed the Trolls.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
If you have over 100 AFL jurnos out there.
Anything with Dusty's name attached to it is massive news.
Maybe he needs a change, maybe it's all bullshitt.
But this club had proven it can ride the biggest waves when it comes to external noise.
What ever he decides, we all will still love him.
Imagine him kicking a goal against us.
I would still clap him and then go after who ever let him slip into the goal square unmanned.

• Sad

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
One of the strongest points made about Dusty is his Loyalty. It's been drilled into him throughout his life, his Dad pointedly said for him to stay with the Tigers. :cupgold:cupgold:cupgold later he's very glad he did.

If he'd gone to the Roos he might have a bit more money, but he wouldn't have ANY Premiers Medallions. Ultimately that's what all AFL players crave.

I think this will be foremost in his mind now.