Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
From the video of Dusty training where he was down in a crouch position and trying to sprint away for 10 to 15m...first impression.... he'll need to improve a heck of a lot. He looked quite slow. No doubt he is still getting confidence in his leg so he'll go flat out later this week or next week but his leg speed looked down and his leg drive was not Dusty at his best which is understandable. Perhaps Dusty's speed off the mark has usually come more from his amazing leg drive rather than natural leg speed. I remember in his comeback matches before the WC game he seemed to be getting caught and tackled a bit more, so if he does come back for finals he will be improving with each game. Let's hope we play 3 or 4 finals matches to allow him to develop into the Dusty we remember.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Good point.

You look at their defence.

Andrews - Lynch
Adams / Payne - Jack
Starcevich - Dusty
Prior - Cumberland
Coleman - Rioli

Reckon we'd be liking those matchups
That's 5. Who goes to Jack Ross?

It's an important matchup because Ross swaps with Bolton so the Brissy defender has to man the freak Shai.
And the bris mids will be negligent and Ross gets 15 score involvements

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
From the video of Dusty training where he was down in a crouch position and trying to sprint away for 10 to 15m...first impression.... he'll need to improve a heck of a lot. He looked quite slow. No doubt he is still getting confidence in his leg so he'll go flat out later this week or next week but his leg speed looked down and his leg drive was not Dusty at his best which is understandable. Perhaps Dusty's speed off the mark has usually come more from his amazing leg drive rather than natural leg speed. I remember in his comeback matches before the WC game he seemed to be getting caught and tackled a bit more, so if he does come back for finals he will be improving with each game. Let's hope we play 3 or 4 finals matches to allow him to develop into the Dusty we remember.
He’s a waddler

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Liam_Nissan

Tiger Rookie
Aug 1, 2020

Playing possum. He’ll tear them a new one if he plays

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Chl 10 in their upcoming sports report saying "Dusty Martin BACK on light duties at the Tiger's"

Hopefully they are just ignorant that Dusty trained hard Saturday and Monday, (whilst the rest of the squad where on a 4 day break), and today was just a ''stretch the legs day'? with main training to come tomorrow. That's what I am hoping anyway.
Will see what the finer details are in their main sports report.

• Love

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Chl 10 in their upcoming sports report saying "Dusty Martin BACK on light duties at the Tiger's"

Hopefully they are just ignorant that Dusty trained hard Saturday and Monday, (whilst the rest of the squad where on a 4 day break), and today was just a ''stretch the legs day'? with main training to come tomorrow. That's what I am hoping anyway.

I'd rather they misreport that Martin is only half ready, rather than making everyone believe he's fit and firing for the first Elimination final.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

You do better reports and study training more than any of those hacks do, Julius. They wouldn’t know a fact if it walked up and bit them on the arse.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Have to say that Ch 10 seems to show more of us in their sports news than Ch 7 does.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

FFS it was a nothing story it was a light session for everyone they had a shot of Lynch, Prestia, Grimes and Dusty walking the boundary, but their Headline at the start of the bulletin was "Dusty Back on light duties": :rolleyes:

Well they sucked me in as I hung around for 30 minutes to listen to their nothing story.

Last edited:
  • Haha

maisie928

Tiger Cub
Aug 10, 2020
There's an unfortunate video of Dustin someone is trying to spread on Twitter. He could get in a lot of trouble for it if it gains traction. He grabs a topless girls boob and shakes it.

Someone has set up a fake twitter account and is posting the video in the comment sections of journos and AFL etc.

• Angry
  • Wow

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
There's an unfortunate video of Dustin someone is trying to spread on Twitter. He could get in a lot of trouble for it if it gains traction. He grabs a topless girls boob and shakes it.

Someone has set up a fake twitter account and is posting the video in the comment sections of journos and AFL etc.
So looks like he’s guaranteed a job in AFL commentary when he retires?

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009

Can't find anything.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

How does he get in trouble if it's not him? It's just another dumbf*ck breathing oxygen again.

TigerWinner

Tiger Rookie
Apr 21, 2022

Brisbane getting really desperate.

• Haha

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne

Seems like you're trying to spread this rumor. Maybe don't.

Reactions: 7 users