Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The media didn't set the agenda here though, they have refused to use it when it has been shopped around.

The person concerned has attempted to make money off it and once that has been unsuccessful they have spread it around for free.

Once it became public the media doesn't have a choice but to report on it. The best player of the past decade, if not ever, in a video touching a naked woman is a story any way you look at it. If it was Degoey and the media ignored it once it was public this site would melt down with bias accusations. Blaming the media is a cop out in my opinion.

Unfortunately he allowed himself to be filmed in a compromising position and it is a poor look. We can all appreciate the extenuating circumstances but he has done the wrong thing and he is just going to have to cop what comes until it blows over, acknowledge the mistake, apologise and let everyone know it was a long time ag and he has learnt his lesson.
Shows more on how desperate this tabloid is by wanting to report, or more like expose, something that happened half a decade ago. Let's just hope the AFL see it was at a function with a stripper and close the door on it. Do they think Dusty would be dumb enough to take 5 years to 'learn his lesson'.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
cornes
indefensible, punishment needed, irrelevant if no offence taken
whatly
investigation & result reqd within 4/5 days, cannot rule out bringing game into disrepute & suspension
Wankley is just jealous because the only breasts he has ever touched were his Mums and Karen Cornes would say anything to try and disrupt our campaign.

Benny needs to tell the AFL to FO and ban all Newscorp journos from the club

Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
That's fair enough and agree with most of what you say but I am questioning the timing? Why today? On the eve of his comeback game and in an elimination final. Maximum impact is the reason. Opportunistic garbage.

The HUN didn't have to post the video. Has it been released elsewhere; genuine question.

But the scumbag who filmed and tried to release for personal gain is the real culprit. What an arsewipe.
Timing ? Has Mark Robinson’s hands ALL over it.

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Richo, post: 2816696, member: 5236"]
The media didn't set the agenda here though, they have refused to use it when it has been shopped around.

The person concerned has attempted to make money off it and once that has been unsuccessful they have spread it around for free.

Once it became public the media doesn't have a choice but to report on it. The best player of the past decade, if not ever, in a video touching a naked woman is a story any way you look at it. If it was Degoey and the media ignored it once it was public this site would melt down with bias accusations. Blaming the media is a cop out in my opinion.

Unfortunately he allowed himself to be filmed in a compromising position and it is a poor look. We can all appreciate the extenuating circumstances but he has done the wrong thing and he is just going to have to cop what comes until it blows over, acknowledge the mistake, apologise and let everyone know it was a long time ag and he has learnt his lesson.
[/QUOTE]
TBH you are protecting your media mates here.

The media didn't purchase it because? To protect their own integrity. To protect Dustys integrity or just because what is in the video just doesn't warrant airing.

This compromising position you speak of is not necessarily compromising at all. The only person who makes a decision as to its inappropriate nature is the receiver of such a gesture. Just because You have already thrown him under the bus does not mean I have and I'm sure most others won't have either.

The media are to blame here, make no mistake about this. They chose to air it.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
trying for another DeGoey story

Dusty touched boob at strip club - many years ago - So what !!! Each to their own as long as no law is broken !

Reactions: 2 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Richo, post: 2816696, member: 5236"]

Take it to HR ?

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Crusty the Clown Whateley trying to make it sound a lot worse by saying that it's not from a strip club, who cares:mad:

I bet Crusty and the rest of the media don't make it their crusade to find out whether they had the correct licence etc so they can be fined and lose their licence...............unless it's owned by someone that they enjoy putting the boots into, like they do with Dusty.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Crusty the Clown Whateley trying to make it sound a lot worse by saying that it's not from a strip club, who cares:mad:

I bet Crusty and the rest of the media don't make it their crusade to find out whether they had the correct licence etc so they can be fined and lose their licence...............unless it's owned by someone that they enjoy putting the boots into, like they do with Dusty.
How does he know it wasn't a strip club? Was he there?

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
*** Breaking News ***

Photo's found of KB having a fiddle in the showers after the 1967 Grand Final Win !! More to come...

1661993202391.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
That's fair enough and agree with most of what you say but I am questioning the timing? Why today? On the eve of his comeback game and in an elimination final. Maximum impact is the reason. Opportunistic garbage.

The HUN didn't have to post the video. Has it been released elsewhere; genuine question.

But the scumbag who filmed and tried to release for personal gain is the real culprit. What an arsewipe.

Again, the timing has been driven by the distributor, who you have perfectly described. A couple of days ago they started carpetting every media outlet and journo on social media with it. Someone mentioned it in a post previously. Once that happens there's not much choice but to report it.

I saw Dustin on Monday afternoon and he knew it was about to make the press then. He's disappointed his family has to go through it but accepts he made a mistake and has moved on and learnt from it. This has been around for a long time so it is really old news to him.

Reactions: 17 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Again, the timing has been driven by the distributor, who you have perfectly described. A couple of days ago they started carpetting every media outlet and journo on social media with it. Someone mentioned it in a post previously. Once that happens there's not much choice but to report it.

I saw Dustin on Monday afternoon and he knew it was about to make the press then. He's disappointed his family has to go through it but accepts he made a mistake and has moved on and learnt from it. This has been around for a long time so it is really old news to him.
Perhaps the distributors name and address should be made public....

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

TBR where did the incident happen? Was he comfortable that it was consented to? If so, nothing to see here except for a breach of his privacy.

Reactions: 2 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004

TBR all over this.

Sherlock.png

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

If it was a private event with players, can we assume the video was leaked by someone who was associated with the club?

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I agree with this but to me it is not that the media report it but is how they report it is the issue.

The thing that annoys me is the narrative of "long list of indiscretions" which when you look at it isn't much at all and still mentions the since discredited Chopstickgate. It is just sensationalist garbage.

Report the facts, fair enough, but the rest is clickbait nonsense.

Reactions: 6 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
I agree with this but to me it is not that the media report it but is how they report it is the issue.

The thing that annoys me is the narrative of "long list of indiscretions" which when you look at it isn't much at all and still mentions the since discredited Chopstickgate. It is just sensationalist garbage.

Report the facts, fair enough, but the rest is clickbait nonsense.
Correct...worst "Long List" of indiscretions I've ever seen LOL.