Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Just on this sports media in all sports is click bait. There are those in the media who analyse the game and then there are those who look for the cheap shot. Those who follow the Premier League would know this. The British tabloids make the HS look like a childrens publication.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
If it was a private event with players, can we assume the video was leaked by someone who was associated with the club?

Only takes one person to share it with a "mate" and it's gone.

Just don't take a vid/photo in the first place.

Reactions: 5 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just don't take a vid/photo in the first place.

Exactly and I wouldn't imagine the young lass in question is particularly happy to have her boobs plastered all over the place. I doubt she has consented to that. Circulating it without her consent is the more culpable offence here rather than the touching with consent

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Perhaps the distributors name and address should be made public....
Spot on. How does this scumbag enjoy anonymity whilst causing havoc in other peoples lives? What a *smile*. Name him publicly.

Good for the goose good for the gander.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
TBR where did the incident happen? Was he comfortable that it was consented to? If so, nothing to see here except for a breach of his privacy.

I'm not sure exactly, my guess is it is a Mad Monday or a footy trip. I don't think consent is in question, I think the issue here is around the treatment of women which in this case is more grubby than abusive but still not what we should aspire to as a society.

The thing that annoys me is the narrative of "long list of indiscretions" which when you look at it isn't much at all and still mentions the since discredited Chopstickgate. It is just sensationalist garbage.

My feelings on the disgraceful media coverage of 'chopstickgate' are well known but it was certainly an indiscretion. He *smile* up, just not in the way that some people suggested.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The media do ignore stories all the time, it is a choice to publish. Clearly good click bait but the choice to publish is a choice.

I figure the club knew about this years ago and likely already dealt with the issues it raises. To bring this up years later when the player in question hopefully has learned from this serves no purpose other than a bit of sensationalism.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
it's *smile* wits like lyon, cornes and whately giving it oxygen that's the issue. no one reads the hs anyway.

Tass

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2005
the timing of this seems all too convenient for those that oppose the RFC
Agree. But can we stop referencing this as ‘convenient’ and a ‘coincidence’. It is steadfastly a planned and orchestrated release designed to bring maximum exposure and disruption to the RFC and our preparation. Nothing more, nothing less. AND IT WILL FAIL SPECTACULARLY

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
As p!ssed off that I am about this coming out right now, a day before the finals. The club should just have a quick 1 minute investigation resulting in a 10k suspended fine.

De Goey copped a 25k suspended fine just a couple on months ago.

Due to cost of living being a lot less 5, 6, 7 or however many years ago, a 10k suspended fine sounds about right to me.

It's dealt with today, we move on.

"Collingwood's decision to sanction Jordan De Goey with a suspended $25,000 fine might sound insignificant to those who believe he should've faced a harsher penalty.

But, in reality, there is little more Magpies officialdom could've done.

At the end of the day he's done nothing illegal. Nothing violent. No drugs.

His action of pulling down a woman's top was clearly disrespectful, and in a sport where respect for women is often questioned, he's rightly been reprimanded for his actions, despite the woman involved stating she has no issue with what unfolded."

Last edited:

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Gee, they go hard after the Champ. He might just walk away from the *smile* show after this year.

• Sad

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I'm not sure exactly, my guess is it is a Mad Monday or a footy trip. I don't think consent is in question, I think the issue here is around the treatment of women which in this case is more grubby than abusive but still not what we should aspire to as a society.
Mad Monday after the 2017 flag. Let's not forget what Broady did with the boobs photo, so quite obvious there's nude women involved. Tabloid Hun always want to frame it like a rape. AFL should have enough brains to work this out.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
The best thing to do is not to give it any airtime . No discussion. Nuthin'. It's old history.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Exactly right. Same with De Goey.
Bit of a difference between Dusty and De Goey. DG happened just months after another similar incident and they were real time. Dusty is 6/7 years ago. Stupid thing to do however would have grown up and been exposed to significant material/training/real life exposure to the objectification of women since. I doubt Dusty would enter an environment like that these days let alone touch a women like that. Some of those in the media need to think about there own skeletons.

Not sure how you punish him retrospectively.