Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Funny, I recall most people on PRE writing Geelong off before the start of 2022. Too old, rubbish game plan, can only win at GMHBA etc etc etc.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Funny, I recall most people on PRE writing Geelong off before the start of 2022. Too old, rubbish game plan, can only win at GMHBA etc etc etc.

Do you think they would have won 2022 without adjusting their game plan and getting Cameron? I don't.

It wasn't a wholesale change of game plan but there was a clear change in the way they moved the ball quicker. And Cameron was just what they needed. A very good forward any side would like, can mark, can kick . . . but then you add in his ability to appear anywhere on the ground at any given time. You look up and he's there again, he covers so much territory it just isn't funny. Easy to see with hindsight, but Cameron was just the piece of the puzzle they needed, a hard running, goal kicking player who goes up the ground and back all day long.

On the evidence Geelong looked like they would get close again but some other team would pip them at the post. To their credit they made some changes and won the damned thing. The main pity is some of the people down there just rub people up the wrong way.

DS

Reactions: 4 users

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
David Parkin has said the 1995 Carlton side coached itself. They lost two games mid-season to lowly sides, beat everyone else and upgraded to the presidential suites for the end of season trip.
Thats an interesting post and i remember back to these 2 games and how i felt back then

I genuinely felt that that Carlton side was so dominant and this was a way to pay the players back with more cash
Them were the days of Carlton cheating the cap and i bet my bottom dollar that there was some money made back then by the players

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Would be nothing better than a dominant display from the Tiger King in the season opener to lead the Tigers to 4 points.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
According to Champion Data if Martin continues with the way he played last week for the entire year he will be rated the number 1 general forward in the competition and a certain All Australian selection.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Looked pretty good on Thursday. Fend off doesn’t work as well, tad slower, but still brutally game breaking with exquisite positioning, reading of the play and finishing (most of the time).

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
According to Champion Data if Martin continues with the way he played last week for the entire year he will be rated the number 1 general forward in the competition and a certain All Australian selection.
But you told me to ignore the numbers for Cripps? But these numbers matter for Dusty coming out of the same game?

By the way I agree with CD.

Looked pretty good on Thursday. Fend off doesn’t work as well, tad slower, but still brutally game breaking with exquisite positioning, reading of the play and finishing (most of the time).
He got to dangerous positions in the first quarter and we cooked it and didn't get it to him or did it in a poor manner.

Had the look of a man who wanted to take over, that's all I needed. Numbers were pretty good, feels like he could play the same as he did on Thursday ten times and I reckon he would quick 4 seven times out of the 10.

Bring on more footy for Duz.

Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
But you told me to ignore the numbers for Cripps? But these numbers matter for Dusty coming out of the same game?

He got to dangerous positions in the first quarter and we cooked it and didn't get it to him or did it in a poor manner.

Had the look of a man who wanted to take over, that's all I needed. Numbers were pretty good, feels like he could play the same as he did on Thursday ten times and I reckon he would quick 4 seven times out of the 10.

Oooh. The Dusty Dog.

Watch out….he’ll bite ya’ !!!!

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

LOL.....numbers only matter when they suit my argument. And BTW I still stand by my Cripps analysis. His numbers should have resulted to a 5 goal win to the Blues.

Reactions: 1 user

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
What I noticed most being at the ground Thursday night was his body language and high investment in his teammates. the results of contests and the game proper seems to matter alot to him again. for example when a young player was ready to take a shot at goal he was very quick to get in there and give some sage advice with arms moving around everywhere. This hasn't been seen for a couple of years and is very encouraging.

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
What I noticed most being at the ground Thursday night was his body language and high investment in his teammates. the results of contests and the game proper seems to matter alot to him again. for example when a young player was ready to take a shot at goal he was very quick to get in there and give some sage advice with arms moving around everywhere. This hasn't been seen for a couple of years and is very encouraging.
Spot on. There wasn't one moment last week when I didn't think he was 100% present and invested in the game.

Reactions: 1 users