Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Post game presser Hardwick said Dusty subbed out from a management point of view. Said they were discussing a few players who might be subbed given the short turnaround against the barcodes.

Post game presser Hardwick said Dusty subbed out from a management point of view. Said they were discussing a few players who might be subbed given the short turnaround against the barcodes.

That makes sense.

Youve coffed up a 45 pt lead, and 1 point up , on a potentially season derailing knife edge,

Who are you going to manage minutes on?

Oh yeah, how about the greatest player in the history if the world? The biggest moments man ever?

Yeah, great idea, lets manage him

Either 1. We have A geelong mole on staff,
2. Hardwick has the biggest ovaries on the planet, or
3. It was a *smile* up, or
4. Dustys hurt

Reactions: 5 users
That makes sense.

Youve coffed up a 45 pt lead, and 1 point up , on a potentially season derailing knife edge,

Oh yeah, how about the greatest player in the history if the world? The biggest moments man ever?

Don't shoot the messenger :p

But agree 100%. We'll see if he lines up on Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
Looked a bit proppy after the game, but most players would creak a bit when they start to cool down. Hopefully just copped a knock or something and it was just precaution.

That makes sense.

Either 1. We have A geelong mole on staff,
2. Hardwick has the biggest ovaries on the planet, or
3. It was a *smile* up, or
4. Dustys hurt

Or it could simply be the coach and his ageing star butting heads about what is required in his new role.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
No idea what Dimma was on about in the presser. My guess was whoever felt any sort of niggle first out of the old crew - Dusty, cotch, Prestia etc would be subbed out as ‘managed’. Mansell playing the fwd role probably sealed the deal too. No idea.

I might be mad, but they were running out of our forward line a lot, Dusty was chasing a lot. Mansell is fast and defensive.........like I said I might be mad, but doesn't seem to dumb to me.

I might be mad, but they were running out of our forward line a lot, Dusty was chasing a lot. Mansell is fast and defensive.........like I said I might be mad, but doesn't seem to dumb to me.
Yep our stopping of a team’s transition has been poor to start the year , Dusty , Jack, Ryan, Lynch and Shai don’t offer a lot of defensive pressure on the way out , bit like an old 90s forward line, in saying that we appear to be doing better out of the centre

Reactions: 1 user
Yep our stopping of a team’s transition has been poor to start the year , Dusty , Jack, Ryan, Lynch and Shai don’t offer a lot of defensive pressure on the way out , bit like an old 90s forward line, in saying that we appear to be doing better out of the centre
We are doing better out of the centre though its without Dusty's impact.
Did he get any clearances?

No one, even the goat is above the team.

I reckon it’s a smart move by the coach if true, sends an immediate message to every other player to lift or be dropped regardless of who you are. Hardwick is a successful coach because he can make hard decisions in tight situations when required.

Admit I was very surprised when it happened.

Reactions: 3 users
Dusty has been a one way player for the past 6 years - because he was a superstar - but as he has slowed down - and its obvious he has, its clear we can only afford one way Dusty if he is surrounded by speed and defensive running. Not surprised he was subbed even though it felt shocking at the time.

Can see the media making this the story of the week.

Sam Manure: “Surely this pushes Dustin Martin to Sydney now.” Or, “Could Dustin Martin quit the game ?”

Heh heh heh…just watch.