Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Nothing Hardwick said in the press conference about this issue made sense. It was gibberish.
Either he's injured/was feared to be injured, or Dimma was pulling rank.

Reactions: 4 users
$1.4mil a year and he has played like *smile* for the last year now. Disappointing. We have the most overpaid player in the game right now.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
No idea , I’m liking Dusty’s role in the forward line , with the pinch hit in the middle , he’s marking as well as I’ve seen him
His overhead marking is excellent. Very sure hands, which we havent seen before.

His impact on the game wasnt there. In the 1st half we didnt need him. In the 3rd q we couldnt win centre clearances (low intensity, foot off the pedal vs high intensity crows) nor coukd we win down the line.
Dusty didnt help either situation.
Strange game

Reactions: 1 user
No way he plays on a six day break.

Cumbo didn't really smash the door down in the ressies today but is playing a different role

$1.4mil a year and he has played like *smile* for the last year now. Disappointing. We have the most overpaid player in the game right now.
Chill Kong
He gets a pass. 3 flags and throw in his efforts in the 2020 GF, gets a 'Pass' for life.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure permaforward is Dusty’s jam.

Resting forward, yep. That works. Harder to coach against, more likely to generate a mismatch, and you can forgive a lack of defensive pressure for the shorter periods he’s down there.

But permaforward? You can build strategies to deal with that, maybe even find a decent matchup. And the lack of defensive pressure you were willing to forgive in short bursts, becomes a real liability over the course of a game.

If I were an opposition coach, I’d love the idea of Dusty spending most of his time in a forward pocket getting burned in favour of Lynch, Jack and Revolving Other Tall. He’s not impacting games buried down there the way he can up the ground.

If Cumberland and Dusty are playing a similar forward role, I’d play each to their strengths. Cumberland permanent forward, occasional stint up the ground. Dusty up the ground, occasionally resting forward.

Maybe, just maybe, Dusty isn’t Leigh Matthews.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Dustin must be mellowing. Actually mumbled a few words to the reporter on his way into getting scans.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Not sure permaforward is Dusty’s jam.

Resting forward, yep. That works. Harder to coach against, more likely to generate a mismatch, and you can forgive a lack of defensive pressure for the shorter periods he’s down there.

But permaforward? You can build strategies to deal with that, maybe even find a decent matchup. And the lack of defensive pressure you were willing to forgive in short bursts, becomes a real liability over the course of a game.

If I were an opposition coach, I’d love the idea of Dusty spending most of his time in a forward pocket getting burned in favour of Lynch, Jack and Revolving Other Tall. He’s not impacting games buried down there the way he can up the ground.

If Cumberland and Dusty are playing a similar forward role, I’d play each to their strengths. Cumberland permanent forward, occasional stint up the ground. Dusty up the ground, occasionally resting forward.

Maybe, just maybe, Dusty isn’t Leigh Matthews.

Brilliantly put.

We are killing are own chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Dustin must be mellowing. Actually mumbled a few words to the reporter on his way into getting scans.

He mumbled

'Out of my *smile* ing way or ill drive a chopstick through your eye *smile*'

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I try and avoid being critical of the high performance work but the messages coming out around Dustin don't make any sense.

They are either lying or have no clue what they are doing.

Reactions: 1 user
I try and avoid being critical of the high performance work but the messages coming out around Dustin don't make any sense.

Can you elaborate? Isn’t it some tightness so a precautionary scan on a 6 day turnaround he may be doubtful? But if scan is clear and he feels fresh on Wednesday then?
But leaning more to unlikely but not ruled out?
What have I missed

Yeah, I'm confused by it all. I think he is a very slim chance to play.

Six day break, they rest Short who is younger had less injury history but MIGHT put Dustin on the park this week?

Feels disjointed.

It saddens me to think that we may have seen the best of the great man, Father Time catches up with everyone :cry: