Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Dusty spoke so well after Cotch’s 300th. It was a joy to watch this classic interview and I commend Lingy for his timing and sense of occasion.

So many of the current mike jockeys are such rank amateurs.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Happy Birthday, Triple Norman! :clap2

And Thanks Melbourne. Again.
Scully and Trengove, seriously?:rotfl2

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Dusty, Dusty, Dusty…

Attachments

• AC21A7A7-80BF-4F12-8D13-59B15D79A5B1.jpeg
    AC21A7A7-80BF-4F12-8D13-59B15D79A5B1.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 4
  • D040AF2D-0C1C-43EF-BC21-248CEFD52051.jpeg
    D040AF2D-0C1C-43EF-BC21-248CEFD52051.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 1 users
Who's this kid?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
From the podcast with Hardwick.

"I remember walking up on stage (when Martin was drafted in 2009) and he had to get into his Richmond jersey, I'm not even sure he knew I was the coach, to be fair, at that stage, he threw his (other) top at me and I caught his top and he put the [Richmond] one on and shook his hand," laughed a reminiscing Hardwick.

"He's a very, very quiet guy, but the one thing, there's a reason players are superstars, I reckon, don't get me wrong, they're talented, but they work harder than anyone else, like [Martin] as a player was naturally talented but people didn't realise how hard he worked.

"He had an ability, every year he would work on something to get better at something, whether it was physically, or mentally, or spiritually, he'd always do something to have an aim over the off-season to get better, and that's why he's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and I sit there and watch him and the things that he does, you're just amazed at.

"We watch from different angles and different bits of vision, and the way he can see the game unfolding and the things that he can do are just special."
"The pleasing thing is, he texted me the other night and I texted him back, I said 'Mate, the best thing I've seen from you in the last couple of weeks is [you're] back, smiling, [you're] back engaged and [you're] loving footy again', which is really important,"

"He's just not quite kicking his goals at the moment but that'll come, he's getting his touches but ... he'll get it."

From the podcast with Hardwick.

"I remember walking up on stage (when Martin was drafted in 2009) and he had to get into his Richmond jersey, I'm not even sure he knew I was the coach, to be fair, at that stage, he threw his (other) top at me and I caught his top and he put the [Richmond] one on and shook his hand," laughed a reminiscing Hardwick.

"He's a very, very quiet guy, but the one thing, there's a reason players are superstars, I reckon, don't get me wrong, they're talented, but they work harder than anyone else, like [Martin] as a player was naturally talented but people didn't realise how hard he worked.

"He had an ability, every year he would work on something to get better at something, whether it was physically, or mentally, or spiritually, he'd always do something to have an aim over the off-season to get better, and that's why he's one of the greatest players to ever play the game, and I sit there and watch him and the things that he does, you're just amazed at.

"We watch from different angles and different bits of vision, and the way he can see the game unfolding and the things that he can do are just special."
"The pleasing thing is, he texted me the other night and I texted him back, I said 'Mate, the best thing I've seen from you in the last couple of weeks is [you're] back, smiling, [you're] back engaged and [you're] loving footy again', which is really important,"

"He's just not quite kicking his goals at the moment but that'll come, he's getting his touches but ... he'll get it."
Look out if it all clicks and Dusty goes on a heater

Reactions: 1 users
To this stage of the season, Martin is averaging 21.9 disposals, 8.8 contested possessions, 4.4 marks, 4.8 inside-50s, 1.0 goal, 6.7 score involvements and 354.2 metres gained per game.

The only other player in the competition with an average of more than 20 disposals and a goal a game is Martin’s Tiger teammate Shai Bolton (22.1 disposals, 1.4 goals).

Martin has accomplished that elite statistical feat 10 times throughout his magnificent AFL career.

Interim Richmond coach Andrew McQualter has opted to return Martin to his customary more permanent midfield role with occasional bursts up forward – the role that has seen him produce such brilliant football over the years.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
He handled the ball like it was dry.

Kicking skills sublime.

GOAT like tonight.