Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

No one would be advising Dusty to pull the pin before his 300th. If anything it would be the complete opposite especially from Carr.

It would be a commercial disaster for Dusty. The financial windfall would be quite significant for Dusty.

Reactions: 4 users
Articles like this are insulting to Dusty

Tony Sheehan lol I can’t believe news.com ran with it and now so is fox :unsure:

Seeing Dusty talking to the younger lads he looked invested.

Reactions: 5 users
Articles like this are insulting to Dusty

Tony Sheehan lol I can’t believe news.com ran with it and now so is fox :unsure:

Seeing Dusty talking to the younger lads he looked invested.
2 phones is another rung below Maclure when it comes to gossip and innuendo.

Reactions: 1 user
Is Tony Mike's son or relation?

Can't imagine such a good journo would be happy about Tony's work being what his offspring produce.

Joe Bloggs in the street could say something & these guys print it.
My philosophy when I hear things that negatively impact our club is not to share them online & I've heard plenty over the journey.
No point adding fuel to the commercial fire.

Yeah right
He looked keen as mustard playing yesterday and I love hoe he spoke to the kids during the breaks in play.

Reactions: 1 users
He ain’t retiring
But there is doubt that he goes on next year
He ain’t going to another club either
Maybe Dusty shouldn’t say things to his friends who then in turn misinterpret and things get out of control

I wasn’t doubting your sources DA. I know your info is pretty spot on. I haven’t heard the Martin rumour.

I was merely pointing out that 2 phones has no credibility and just gets his information from places like PRE etc.

FWIW I am doubting DA’s sources

Nothing personal in that (towards DA or the sources) - but not all sources are right all the time and sometimes their info/tattle can be complete and utter frogshyte

When the great man finally does hang up the boots, I hope he holds a press conference and goes full nuclear on the clowns that have gone after him in the media.

Reactions: 3 users
When the great man finally does hang up the boots, I hope he holds a press conference and goes full nuclear on the clowns that have gone after him in the media.
Nah that just feeds the machine. They’d hound him post football career if he did that. Better off doing what Buddy did. Give em nothing. Which would be consistent with Dusty’s post game interviews.

Reactions: 10 users
Nah that just feeds the machine. They’d hound him post football career if he did that. Better off doing what Buddy did. Give em nothing. Which would be consistent with Dusty’s post game interviews.
Just go out guns blazing.
Wouldn’t surprise if he doesn’t spend at least a year traveling the world.

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed. Treat them like they ought to be treated. With ( polite) contempt

i like the idea but he won't. he's too chilled out and never given them anything; good or bad.
he'll just walk. nothing to prove.

I wasn’t doubting your sources DA. I know your info is pretty spot on. I haven’t heard the Martin rumour.

I was merely pointing out that 2 phones has no credibility and just gets his information from places like PRE etc.
Unfortunately 2 Fones does have credibility
Commonly known he is close to Martin and his friends . Problem is Dusty says something, then he backflips , then it’s misinterpreted and then blown out of proportion
You have to remember Dusty did tell those close that he was going to GWS then a few years later he did the same again and told those close that Norf was his club
Blame Dusty , not his friends

Reactions: 1 user

Maybe you have caught onto something (that is not new). Has Dusty given a post game interview yet this year, or any interview tbh. Maybe the childish, self interested, spoilt media pack have jointly sulked their way into a dummy spit.

Oh, and Dusty sells papers so let’s run the same story each and every year ……..

Unfortunately 2 Fones does have credibility
Commonly known he is close to Martin and his friends . Problem is Dusty says something, then he backflips , then it’s misinterpreted and then blown out of proportion
You have to remember Dusty did tell those close that he was going to GWS then a few years later he did the same again and told those close that Norf was his club
Blame Dusty , not his friends
I'll blame his so-called friends for betraying his confidence.

Reactions: 5 users
champion player, given his all, ridiculous career.

personally don't care all that much. the club is in development mode and Dusty will know this.

whether he retires or not, our focus should be on developing the list as a first priority.

if he stays, great, he gets to 300. if he retires, fine, we laud him, free up cap space and look further ahead to the ND later this year.

Reactions: 11 users
I find it difficult to believe that anyone who has Dustin's confidence (ie family & friends), would then repeat what they have been told to "other sources".