Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I posted last week that Dusty wasn’t injured and that he was having motivation issues hence the week off and got a fair share of scepticism, some mocking and some calling it BS.
The link I posted today was only confirming what I was reluctant to spell out but it’s difficult to post stuff here without copping it from all quarters so probably easier to say nothing and keep it to myself in future.
Thanks for sharing DA.
Appreciate you cant say too much and saying anything can cause a reaction.
Having said that this is generally a good forum including your contribution

Reactions: 6 users
It’s what I heard last week from 2 very reliable and credible sources. I can tell you it’s fact.
Didnt want to be the one to break the news. Thought people on here would like to know but not sure its worth sticking my neck out so won’t in future
It is fact . The motivation side of things has become an issue for him
He gets to the 300 then who knows

We have been subject to Dusty rumours for so long and there have been so many of them that it is hardly a surprise that anything posted would be questioned. Of course every now and again one might be true but there is no way of people on this site knowing what is true and what isn't. I reckon if you post a rumour or something you heard unless you are going to post the source you are fair game to be questioned, but politely of course.
I've had the odd source over the years. One of my friends is related to someone who worked in the player agent space and it was amazing what I heard about potential and actual player movements. That source has gone about 7-8 years ago but what it taught me was that there are lots of discussions that go on that never come to anything, because plenty of potential deals don't happen. Clubs are interested in players all the time.
I have heard through what I would consider a really good source that Dusty will not be going to the Suns, or lets say it is extremely unlikely. That is not from anyone around Dusty but at the Suns end.

Reactions: 6 users
Pretty clear from Carr, loves the Tiges, loves the game, no intention of retiring.

Reactions: 1 user
We have been subject to Dusty rumours for so long and there have been so many of them that it is hardly a surprise that anything posted would be questioned. Of course every now and again one might be true but there is no way of people on this site knowing what is true and what isn't. I reckon if you post a rumour or something you heard unless you are going to post the source you are fair game to be questioned, but politely of course.
I've had the odd source over the years. One of my friends is related to someone who worked in the player agent space and it was amazing what I heard about potential and actual player movements. That source has gone about 7-8 years ago but what it taught me was that there are lots of discussions that go on that never come to anything, because plenty of potential deals don't happen. Clubs are interested in players all the time.
I have heard through what I would consider a really good source that Dusty will not be going to the Suns, or lets say it is extremely unlikely. That is not from anyone around Dusty but at the Suns end.
Yes. And the same goes for motivation. He might have been or might be having motivation issues, most footy players do, we all do, doesn't mean they retire. Its a long bow, which is typical and understandable.

As I said earlier, it used to called a form slump.

Yes. And the same goes for motivation. He might have been or might be having motivation issues, most footy players do, we all do, doesn't mean they retire. Its a long bow, which is typical and understandable.

As I said earlier, it used to called a form slump.
I wonder how the contract discussions are going and how that is playing out in all this?

We all love Dusty but if I was Blair Hartley I would offer him one year at $600k or so. There may be an element of footy mortality playing out in this, a realisation that the days of mega contracts are over for him.

Reactions: 3 users
Dusty must play his 300th game it will be an unforgettable great achievement for him
It will be a sensational day, the fans will come out in force showing how much :love: there is for a truly Richmond great

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder how the contract discussions are going and how that is playing out in all this?

We all love Dusty but if I was Blair Hartley I would offer him one year at $600k or so. There may be an element of footy mortality playing out in this, a realisation that the days of mega contracts are over for him.
Nobody puts Dusty on the 600. 750-800, with a second year option and a bonus, legend, GOAT, severance, retirement 500 if he retires and doesn't go to another club.

Nobody puts Dusty on the 600. 750-800, with a second year option and a bonus, legend, GOAT, severance, retirement 500 if he retires and doesn't go to another club.
You may be right Snake but the point is he is no longer in the upper echelons of player payments

Reactions: 1 users

Reportedly on 1.2 or 1.3 Mill.

I would give a flat 5 hunge thou.
Slicing 7 or 8 hunge off to help attrract a big name to Punt Rd.
Simply stated he ain't worth any more than that now, IMHO.
Well past his best, it's still a great golden handshake for an elder statesman.

Now Dust, you need to start punching out some Dusty Juniors.
4 would be nice.
2 boys and 2 girls for our future teams.
Sorted!

Dusty must play his 300th game it will be an unforgettable great achievement for him
It will be a sensational day, the fans will come out in force showing how much :love: there is for a truly Richmond great
I wonder how much media he will do? I suspect he will do some for RFC like the obligatory photo with Jack, Cotch, St Francis, KB and Shedda but I can't imagine he would do much outside that.

You may be right Snake but the point is he is no longer in the upper echelons of player payments
I didn't say he was, and I agree, but 600 is too big a swing, thats Brandon-Ellis money.

Just looking at it purely at face value, he's still one of the best players in the comp. Might have slipped from top 3 to top 25, but still a gun.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't say he was, and I agree, but 600 is too big a swing, thats Brandon-Ellis money.

Just looking at it purely at face value, he's still one of the best players in the comp. Might have slipped from top 3 to top 25, but still a gun.
*Brandon-Ellis-if-you-have-Dan-Richardson-or-Craig-Cameron-in-charge money.

Reportedly on 1.2 or 1.3 Mill.

I would give a flat 5 hunge thou.
Slicing 7 or 8 hunge off to help attrract a big name to Punt Rd.
Simply stated he ain't worth any more than that now, IMHO.
Well past his best, it's still a great golden handshake for an elder statesman.

Now Dust, you need to start punching out some Dusty Juniors.
4 would be nice.
2 boys and 2 girls for our future teams.
Sorted!
Salary cap won't be a problem for us in the short to medium term, its a factor, always is, but not a pressing one. Thats one of the benefits if where we're at.

*Brandon-Ellis-if-you-have-Dan-Richardson-or-Craig-Cameron-in-charge money.
ha ha, sure, but you'll find plenty more good ordinary players in that bracket.

just googled, 122 players on >$600K in 2022.

Reactions: 1 users