Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Yes, No 4.

Listen to Caro. (not so much now, but when we were winning/don't watch the show anymore).

She'd say something then Attila the Hutch would come on and say "Here we go, the Richmond show again!"

So eventually they back off as to not be seen to be openly barracking.

That said, there is NO doubt where Richo's/Chimpah's/Caro's allegiances lie.

Well, not from me, anyway.
Meanwhile Jack is unable to hide his clear pro-Richmond bias on Fox. Hopefully they never beat it out of him.

Reactions: 4 users

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018
Even though you are "a long time retired", the kidney injury knocked the stuffing out of Dusty.

Thanks for nothing Mitch Robinson, you peanut.
💯 his body has never been the same. The time away from footy, losing all that weight, it seems a switch was flicked and he’s become susceptible to getting sore and stiff and because conditioning was done he was prone to the soft tissue injuries. He was tracking for 350 games EASY

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Meanwhile Jack is unable to hide his clear pro-Richmond bias on Fox. Hopefully they never beat it out of him.
They probably will. Richo went to bat for us on 7 in 2010 and told them to give it a rest. Rarely has a good thing to say about us publicly since that.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bottom of the 2nd page.
Was off.
Tracking like Cotch and Shedda to 300.
Gets a lot of it. Wastes it.

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
The guy is not committed to the tigers anymore mentally and on field. Move him on
Legend but totally not committed!

• Dislike

TimeToRoar

Tiger Superstar
Apr 13, 2014
Is our Champ just going through the motions now or has Father Time caught up with him prematurely.
Were Cotch and Jack’s departures demotivating for him and he has lost that belonging/investment. After all he would stick to Cotch and Jack in team songs, team huddles, running out etc. I’ve noticed he runs out almost the last person on game days. Has the passion gone?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
He has been a great player for us but has he the will to continue or his his body just slowing down and he is no longer able to consistently reach the great heights of previous seasons

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
He had ten possessions at quarter time & 18 for the match.
Worryingly there's been a pattern of fading out in games all season.
Starting to look like Father Time is coming.

Reactions: 3 users

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Never the same since the kidney injury & harder to reach the heights as time marches on.

I hope it's our champs last season

Reactions: 1 user

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
looks to me like he has lost his burst of pace, is getting caught quickly now and not able to shrug off and run away from tackles. Looks to me like he’s trying to come to grips with that and change his game a bit, he was always able to find space and time to make the right decision and execute. Now he has less time (don’t we all!)

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think he is trying. But is human and time has caught up with his body.

Still love watching him play.

Reactions: 4 users

ANDREW

I'm a llama!
Aug 12, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised Dusty holds a press conference 1 day before his 300th game announcing it will be his last.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I think he is trying. But is human and time has caught up with his body.

Still love watching him play.
100% his mind is on but his body won't do what he wants it to do.
If Campbell & Mansell were both poor, Dusty was far behind.
He has never been the same since that knee to the guts by Robinson the moron

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
He’s due to play his 300th at Geelong. Surely not. But it’s Adelaide the week after that. Then Hawthorn at the G.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
He’s due to play his 300th at Geelong. Surely not. But it’s Adelaide the week after that. Then Hawthorn at the

Dusty should be managed and his 300th game should be at the G nowhere else

Reactions: 7 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Qtr or half a game, skills not quite what they were, one way travel. Doesn't matter who or how good the player, sooner or later there's a build up of little things that just drop off a touch n mortality looms large.
His father, his kidney injury, climbing the pinnacle year after year, his regular mates all slowly disappearing, old age n comfort all simply little nails that gradually drag the elite back to the pack.
Reckon it's time for the Dusty one to get to the 300, finish the season if he wants to but then just take a bow n quietly ride off into retirement. He's achieved it all, wouldn't think there'd be anything of note worth attempting at another club elsewhere.

Reactions: 6 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
still the most valuable player for us. His instructions to the younger players, the way he trains and his professionalism, these factors alone are so much valued by the younger players. Question, which current top player in the system today, if you take away 3 top line midfielders, 2 top lined tall forwards from their side would still generate sufficient output? Dusty is doing great, currently not a world beater.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Not really playing that much different to how he has done all career. Since when did Duz ever chase, please. But yeah, has lost a yard or three. There can't be icing if there's no cake. Looks like the next 15 games or so is it.