Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

I do.

I’m pretty sure the AFL announced it this year as a new rule or that they were going to enforce it. I remember there were posts on here about it
I heard Jenkins and one of the other SEN hacks whinge about this the other week, how it hasn’t been enforced. Who cares? When is anything of substance or interest been said in any of these ‘interviews’?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
What *smile* me is people in the industry know Dusty has a weakness for personal information being discussed or media focus.... Yet relentlessly there are hacks everywhere, every week firing off stories grounded in nothing factual.

It feels like they are trying to drive him out of the game, to poke and poke untill they get a bigger story.

*smile* the lot of them.

he might be better off hobbling out of the rooms after his 299th on crutches. (padded)
then throw one head height at the pack.
i don't recall plugger being harassed like this.

be nice seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

The next few weeks should be a Richmond celebration of the career of Dusty from both supporters & club. We certainly shouldn't expect it from the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
There is a contractual obligation for players to make themselves available post game for on field interviews. It will be interesting to see whether Dusty does after his 300th, he may not. Pay the fine I reckon.

He clearly has decided he won't do interviews, he just won't talk to the press. I am not sure any fair thinking person would blame him for that. He has been through a lot with his Dad and the constant innuendo and speculation over the years most of which has been the result of nothing more than his desire to be private and the fact he is actually quite shy and reserved.

I just wish they would leave him alone. I'd like to see him have the photo with the other 300 gamers and if he doesn't want to do anything else that is fine by me. I will be there watching and celebrating him on the day and that's enough for me and I suspect most tiger fans.
Don't do the interviews, don't pay the fines.

298 games tonight, 299 at Kitty Litter Park, managed against the Throw Crows away, 300 at the G, Saturday against the Dorks.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Awesome from the champ.
Has lost a bit of upper body strength and takes two extra steps per metre when running if that makes sense.
But his nous is untouchable.
The fade and fake in the last when he went on his left and put it in front of the goals was sublime.

Reactions: 2 users
Reckon his 300th will be in Adelaide.
He won't put his hand up for a rest.
Especially when we are so ravaged by injuries.

Reactions: 1 users