Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Loved his last quarter but Dylan, FFS, you're giving my heart an attack with those kicks out on the full!

Massive.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Loved his last quarter but Dylan, FFS, you're giving my heart and attack with those kicks out on the full!

Massive.

Errors are exempt for this champion. Too many credits.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Loved his last quarter but Dylan, FFS, you're giving my heart and attack with those kicks out on the full!

Massive.

he took to playing Rancey's role a little too seriously.

T-Shirt Tommy said:

Massive.

Out of character. Had 5 contested marks. Remarkable.

Bump. Did I say this bloke is a champion....

From Gil's website:
1. Dylan Grimes is the best one-on-one defender in the competition
Tom Lynch was superb, kicking six goals, but Grimes was just as important in getting an undermanned Richmond across the line against Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval on Saturday. Grimes had 17 disposals, 13 of them contested, to go with five contested marks and six rebound 50s. The 27-year-old finally received recognition last year when he was named in the 40-man All Australian squad for the first time. With Alex Rance sidelined for the year, Grimes is standing up and taking a leading role in the Tigers' defence. Grimes rarely gets beaten one-on-one and stands up when it matters the most. - Lee Gaskin

Jon Brown at one stage said Jonas from Pooort was the best, I think it was Nick R who "maybe you forgot about Rance" JB then said he was talking about playing at the moment.

Imo Jonas is about 2 levels below Rance & Grimes.

22nd Man said:
Hard to imagine a better quarter from a defender than his last. Saved us time and time and time again.

The last time I reckon would be Rance v the Swans in 2014 when we need to win our 9th straight to make the finals. Rance was huge especially in the last as was Grimes Saturday night.

French Tiger said:
The last time I reckon would be Rance v the Swans in 2014 when we need to win our 9th straight to make the finals. Rance was huge especially in the last as was Grimes Saturday night.

and also kicked a couple out on the full !

French Tiger said:

I was thinking the last qtr against the Swans in our flag year where the Swans overran us and Rance did the job of about 5 defenders trying to hold the fort.

Remember the days when we weren't sure whether we would ever see Grimes be a consistent performer for the Tigers.
That wretched run of hamstring injuries almost cruelled his career in the early days.
But look at him now. An out and out Tiger champion. And aren't we so lucky.
And what an unbelievable last quarter against Port.