Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

We just beat the form team of the comp (rather easily I might add), "premiership favourites", coming off 8 on the trot, all with 1 possession from Grimes.
We roll on.
Yeah true it was a remarkable win. Kennedy out helped negate us missing Grimes but take nothing away from the performance.

That said I think the Eagles form is a tad overstated. They are like Supermen at home but mere mortals away. It's the one reason I don't want finals in Perth; they are almost unbeatable there.

Reactions: 1 users
The last round against the Crows (precise date to be confirmed) is 3 weeks away.

Given his history we will be mad to bring him back for that game.

The pre finals bye will give DG a 5 week timeframe to recover until week 1 of finals.

Reactions: 3 users
Just spoke to him.
He just sat out the game.
To stop the whingers complaining that there was no Kennedy, no Yeo, No Allen, No Kerr, No Kemp and No Wosfold.

• Haha
He didn’t rule out a medium severity strain.

I can’t believe how well we’re playing without Rance, Astbury, and Grimes. The rest of the team must be better than ever.

It’s almost like the football gods are begging Rance to make a comeback.

It’s almost like the football gods are begging Rance to make a comeback.

Lets lay something bare now

Rance would make a fool of himself if he came back. Itd be way worse than The Bachelor.

Im optimustis on grimesy hammy.

I reckon he just waited out Kennedys ruling and put on the tracky.

I reckon hell play against the cats

• Wow
Broad is a good player but he's no Grimes. It will be tough to cover him.

The way they are going Broady might not be the one back in for Dylan.

If Garthwaite is fit they might just hoy him in against the Frockers.

Especially if the rumor about Broad being dropped and re calibrated for another job are true.

Grimes is Grimes we have no other Grimes.

Broad is as close to Grimes as we've got in regard to versatility and agility physical size etc and he and Tigga are bloody good defenders but Grimes is another level above them, he is our best defender.

Bye will be handy.

The way they are going Broady might not be the one back in for Dylan.

If Garthwaite is fit they mighht hoy him in against the Frockers.

Especially if the rumor about Broad being dropped and re calibrated for another job are true.

Grimes is Grimes we have no other Grimes.

Broad and Tigga are bloody good defenders but Grimes is another level above, he is our best defender.
From memory you have a medical background. Now don't laugh......I find it interesting that Grimes did his hammy a few days after a very stressful week. Could that stress have played a small part in him doing his hammy? As I said don't laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
From memory you have a medical background. Now don't laugh......I find it interesting that Grimes did his hammy a few days after a very stressful week. Could that stress have played a small part in doing his hammy? As I said don't laugh.

I'm not laughing mate, no such thing as a stupid question.

Maybe the extra game in short time frame may have contributed to it or it might just be damned bad luck ...but he does have a history.

Grimesy has had bad hamstrings early days but he finally got over it after visiting Zee German Witchdoktor.

Intense player and mover is Grimes he's more an explosive type than a roller and it wouldnt surprise me if it was just some wear and muscle / tendon fatigue and it gave a little yelp. The Conditioning crew physios etc would be all over it I'd expect anyway and would've had the whip hand in regard to player loading etc especially with the extra game, but there seems to have been a few more soft tissue injuries in the last few weeks across the board..

Cotchie, and now Dylan along with Bash and Caddy (others with recurrent soft tissue gripes) will be under heavy scrutiny re loading and rest and recovery from the Medicos Physio's and Conditioning Team at the club from here on in for the rest of the season we cannot afford to be missing them in the Finals.

They will be all over it.

I think Big Richo has a background in Physio / Osteo and sports conditioning type stuff, I'm more emergency stuff, he will have a better insight than me.

If someone is under duress mentally or increased load of stress /anxiety and not resting sleeping eating etc properly then recovery will not be as optimum, thus cumulative fatigue on the body can sometimes contribute to injuries in all facets of life and all work places to all of us, not just elite athletes.

Hopefully he gets through the rest of the season without incident.

Cheers mate hope it helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
It leaves us exposed against Freo, who have some decent talls. Against Geelong, Hawkins is their major target. And there is a bye.

In terms of match-ups, its not the worst couple of weeks to lose Grimes, although we obviously need to win all games.

However I do believe Noah Moses has the potential to steady the ship and lead us to the promised land.

Club site has him missing Freo, then the bye, then being assessed. May only miss one game.
Nice freshen up.

Reactions: 4 users
I may be on my own here , however I don’t think fines or banning these cowards is enough , definite jail time and not your holiday retreat jail ,put them in with the scum of society because that is exactly what they are. Social media is huge in society it needs to be a somewhat safe place . I’ve always thought you shouldn’t say something unless you would be prepared to say it in person.
Brings to mind the fat, inbred cowards who were ejected from the NRL game recently for racial abuse.
My first thought was the coppers should have taken them down to the rooms to meet the players they abused.

Reminded me of Robbie Muir's story where he said he copped more on the field than on the street.
Of course, because on the street you'd get a quick smack in the mouth.
Only Robbie had the attitude of "you say that, you'll wear the consequences" despite all the game rules protecting the cowardly abusers.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't believe a stressful week is much of a risk factor in itself and I think if it was the data would be pretty obvious, pretty quickly. You'd have guys who went to the tribunal or had an off field issue pinging regularly and that would be very noticeable.

What it could potentially do though is impact on other biometrics such as sleep, thoroughness of recovery, nutrition etc etc It may be of interest for people to know that they are tracked daily in every player. They all have an app to enter data about how they are travelling physically and emotionally which then feeds into a system that provides us with some analysis. When you see someone being managed it is usually around something in that data.

In Grimes' case though, he is a pro's pro and is living in a hub so I doubt his routine changed much at all. He obviously has a history of hamstring issues and when you add that with short breaks and a heavy load of game time it is a high risk situation.

I said before the first frenzy he was the one after Cotchin of the available players I'd be wanting to rest given that history but the logical game I identified was Brisbane so I suspect the motivation to match him to Cameron proved too great.

Looking at the TV they didn't ice him at any stage and they mentioned he had done some run throughs to test his chance of returning to the ground so it's clearly so minor as to almost be precautionary. Depending on what the scan shows he may even play much sooner than we think.

Thanks Richo.
Great insight.