Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
He's like a modern day Francis Bourke. .... don't think I've ever seen either of them deviate off the line in pursuit of the ball.... fearless, tough and uncompromising on field..... cuddly and caring off it!
Smiling assassin

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
There were times in his early career that we wondered if he would manage 20 games as he got so many hamstring problems but thanks to the German surgeon Dylan has made a well earned 200 games. Congratulations to him and trust he gets many more games under his belt

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
There were times in his early career that we wondered if he would manage 20 games as he got so many hamstring problems but thanks to the German surgeon Dylan has made a well earned 200 games. Congratulations to him and trust he gets many more games under his belt
Don’t forget he was also the early driver of Emma Murray’s mindfulness program.
Sought out a mental edge and essentially introduced the entire club to it.
Rest is history.
And silverware

Reactions: 5 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Everyone loves a great player but from the few dealings I've had with this fella he is an elite person as well which is more important.

Have a feeling the time will come when he will make a very good coach.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
It's fitting that for game 200 he will get to line up on (I wonder why) Robbie Gray('s stats are so down against Richmond). Poor Bunny Robert, it's like McGrath v Atherton.

Reactions: 1 user

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Congratulations.

Remember his first game.
I remember all those earlier issues with his hamstrings. Really thought it was over before it truly started.
Took the chance. Went overseas. Got them fixed and now plays game 200.

It’s a testimony to his desire, dedication, work ethic and leadership skills that this year he was elevated to Co -Captain.

Tough ‘bas***d to boot.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Remember Grimey's debut well. Last round of 2010 against Poort at Docklands. Sunny day, roof open. Cuz's last game. We came from 5 goals down at 3/4 time to hit the front but lost by 10.

Also on debut that day were Dave "The Goo" Gourdis and the Irishman Jamie O'Reilly. Goo 9 disposals, O'Reilly 11, Grimes 5. But we could tell who had a future. Together, the trio reach the 202-game milestone tonight.

We thought we'd found another that day, but it turned out to be Troy Taylor's fourth and final game.

Mitch Morton the midfielder: 28 disposals, 6 clearances, 3 goals. 23 years old, world at his feet. Played just 21 further games, but one of them was a premiership in which he kicked 2 goals.

So many lies told in last round dead rubbers. But Grimey was a promise well-kept, indeed over-delivered. A great of the RFC.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Grimes is the only player I’ve ever seen that heavy contact is coming and actually speeds up into it.

Like driving a car at 100 seeing an 18 wheeler coming at you and deciding to hit 150.

Hard, as hard can be. Absolute warrior. Likes winning flags but hates losing individual contests more.

One of the great defenders of the last 20 years. Bruce Doull of this generation.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I've long said Grimey's one of a few who accelerate into collisions, Scoop. But you can add Chimp and Rance to that.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The collision with Higgins in the 2015 elimination final. What a crack! I was 80 metres away and felt it rifle up my spine.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Star. Nothing more to be said
If he played for Melbourne, Essington, or Collingwood or Geelong he'd be adored by the media.

Alas for the great Dylan Grimes he like his contemporary Tiger elites over the years have been scorned and even vilified with their integrity put in question..

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
A legend of the club and it's second greatest defender ever sorry Jim Jess. (Bourke's greatest footy on the wing).
Played in the shadow of the great Tross for a long time but when it was time to take the mantle did he what.
A Lord.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Will Finish his career as a legend of the RFC and the player who has worn the #2 guernsaey into more games than anyone else.

Recently eclipsed Tigerland and League Royalty in Roy Wright who played 195 games and will overtake Darren Gaspar who currently sits atop the list with 207 games.

Grimesy goes atop this list by seasons end - also has Club Captaincy, B n F winner and 3 x Premiership Player to his CV.

Darren Gaspar - 207 games

Roy Wright - 195 games 2 x Brownlow Medalist, Skipper and 4 x B n F

Bert Edwards - 122 games Premiership Player

Robert Wiley - 95 games Premiership Player

Ian Stewart - VFL royalty 78 games 3 x Brownlow Medalist 1 at the RFC, and Premiership player

Will Thursfield - 55 games

Other p[layers to wear the number 2 guernsey off the top of my head

John Annear

Chris Burton

Terry Keays

Justin Pickering