Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Will Finish his career as a legend of the RFC and the player who has worn the #2 guernsaey into more games than anyone else.

Recently eclipsed Tigerland and League Royalty in Roy Wright who played 195 games and will overtake Darren Gaspar who currently sits atop the list with 207 games.

Grimesy goes atop this list by seasons end - also has Club Captaincy, B n F winner and 3 x Premiership Player to his CV.

Darren Gaspar - 207 games

Roy Wright - 195 games 2 x Brownlow Medalist, Skipper and 4 x B n F

Bert Edwards - 122 games Premiership Player

Robert Wiley - 95 games Premiership Player

Ian Stewart - VFL royalty 78 games 3 x Brownlow Medalist 1 at the RFC, and Premiership player

Will Thursfield - 55 games

Other p[layers to wear the number 2 guernsey off the top of my head

John Annear

Chris Burton

Terry Keays

Justin Pickering

John Ronaldson Premiership player 1967 & 1969

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
John Ronaldson Premiership player 1967 & 1969
Remarkable career John Ronaldson. Played the first five games of 1967 and then disappeared for the rest of the year until John Nicholls' near cheating had him dragged into the Grand Final where he kicked this extraordinary drop-kick goal in the last quarter to level the scores:
By the time of the 1969 Grand Final, he was a regular.
Gone less than a year later after two flags and 59 games at the ripe old age of 23.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Now thats how you perform in a big milestone game. Great game as always from this guy. What a fantastic player he has become.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Kept Gray to one kick for the night. One kick.
I seriously didn’t realise Gray was playing tonight. Totally eclipsed.
How’s his game tonight? Didn’t lose a contest and not one single mistake.
He’s Richmond royalty. Travels in rarified air.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
A year or two ago we played Poort, I think over in Shitsville during Lockdown. One of the commentators pointed out that Robbie Gray's record against us was far worse than against any other club. They scratched their heads and wrote it off as an anomaly. "It's because he plays on Grimes!" I yelled at the telly, but they didn't hear me. Poor Robbie.

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A year or two ago we played Poort, I think over in Shitsville during Lockdown. One of the commentators pointed out that Robbie Gray's record against us was far worse than against any other club. They scratched their heads and wrote it off as an anomaly. "It's because he plays on Grimes!" I yelled at the telly, but they didn't hear me. Poor Robbie.
Gray is a good footballer, as a forward he is a hard match up, cos he is good on the ground, but can also play on the lead and is a good mark.
unfortunately for him Richmond have 2 perfect defenders to match this type, in Broad and Grimes, and one of them is an all great of the game.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Gray is a good footballer, as a forward he is a hard match up, cos he is good on the ground, but can also play on the lead and is a good mark.
unfortunately for him Richmond have 2 perfect defenders to match this type, in Broad and Grimes, and one of them is an all great of the game.
Gray is better than good. I'd say he's a champion. That's how good Grimey is, he can make a champion his b!tch (see: Betts, E, and the non-champions but still very good Camerons, J & C).

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Gray is better than good. I'd say he's a champion. That's how good Grimey is, he can make a champion his b!tch (see: Betts, E, and the non-champions but still very good Camerons, J & C).
true. i meant the word good in the way adjectives should be used for footballers- they are not all "stars"! he is below the elite, but not by much. Grimes is just better, and able to nulify his physical strengths.
and unfortunately for Gray if he gets away from Grimes, Broad is next. not quite as good, but the same strengths.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
0:46 into this video:

Makes for otherwise depressing viewing.
Interesting Richmond teamlist ... Taylor Hunt - and he had a respectable 16 disposals!
you want me to sit through 46 secs of that game that i dont have to? f' me!

Just kidding thanks- it was a brutal collision, and Grimesy bounced straight up.

the rest of the game was a disaster that straight kicking kept us in. though if we had a got a free we should have late, we would have hit the front and probably held on for a win. from there we would have beaten Sydney, the WCE before comfortably accounting for our bunnies the Hawks in the GF. and Grimes and co would be 4x premiership heroes already.