Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
MUST retire this year. Time for Grimesy to plan his next vintage.
Atm he actually makes the entire backline lool panicky. He does not have any captain moments on the ground.

Reactions: 1 user

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
His drop has been startlingly. It is so frustrating when you see the Cats old blokes still going so well.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
agreed Scooper

to be clear, I wouldn't have Grub out, all the captain stuff aside he still has a role to play as organiser and steady hand.

he just isn't bringing what he all hoped and expected from him. fine - we adjust.

gibcus and tarrant will reshape that back division and it can't come soon enough.
Tarrants rooted, and the club needs to make a call on him before the mid season draft.

Degenerative hips dont improve just ask Lambo, and from what I've read thats what he is dealing with.

Unless the issue is something else.

Reactions: 4 users

Tig3

🐯
Nov 21, 2022
Tarrants rooted, and the club needs to make a call on him before the mid season draft.

Degenerative hips dont improve just ask Lambo, and from what I've read thats what he is dealing with.

Unless the issue is something else.
Yep, the state we are in Tarrant needs a little word in the ear to retire before the mid season draft. We already have one pick, which I hope we use on a key forward, but we’re also crying out for a small forward and if Tarrant retires we’ll get a second pick. Could be very handy picking up another player mid year, considering we don’t have a first rounder at years end

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
A bit likeJack at the other end , he know longer handles the best of the opposition like he once did , if we can get some of the young backs to stand up and Grimes can go to the 4th or 5th forward , he’ll be fine. I think it’s what around him that’s the real issue , it’s time for somebody to take the best defender role of the Champ

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Support back man now, and that’s OK.

Tarrant is gone but Gibcus sorely missed.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
A bit likeJack at the other end , he know longer handles the best of the opposition like he once did , if we can get some of the young backs to stand up and Grimes can go to the 4th or 5th forward , he’ll be fine. I think it’s what around him that’s the real issue , it’s time for somebody to take the best defender role of the Champ
Yeah agree. We still expect him to be at his best, but he's not and won't be. In a perfect world Tarrant, Gibcus and Young would all be fit and performing and he'd be dropping down a notch or two on the pecking order but still be contributing. He's still doing OK, just not by his old superman standards.

Having said that, looks at this stage like he should hang up the boots at season's end.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He has dropped off and I wonder about a couple of things. Losing players around him, Gibcus and Tarrant at the moment, means he has too much to do. Plus, not sure he is suited to the captaincy, too much of a burden?

It is entirely possible that he can get back to better form with more support around him, the defence works as a team and is clearly affected by absences, and without the burden of the captaincy.

DS