Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Looking every bit as a geriatric. Timing out and is now costing us goals at crucial stages.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Being a defender and getting badly beaten, is even worse watching cotch and Jack struggle with ageing bodies.

Should not be playing next year.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Why are our older players playing like absolute garbage but the Scum old players keep delivering. Have we been too soft on them?

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
There haven’t been calls of him being finished but there have been signs of clear decline well before today. Dylan has been a champion. I hate seeing it.
I agree on clear signs of decline well before today - last year in fact - but hand up I did call for him to finish up this year and now I think it’s an imperative.
If he goes around again next year it’s going to be very painful to watch.

Reactions: 1 user

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Gibcus for Grimes is an okay deal. Miller comes back to eventually take Broad's spot. Young continues to improve under Grimes and Vlas' tutelage.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
If his body is banged up, don’t play him. If he’s horrendously out of form, then ‘manage’ him out of the team. That’s how bad it was yesterday - liability.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Balta was thrashed and Young was atomised.

Grimes has been out of form and at his peak was never a tall anyway. He stepped into the hole left by the two actual talls and was almost as bad.

The idea that RFC doesn't need tall backs is wrong IMO. Yesterday we dragged 38yo Dylan Grimes into the role. Unsupported. Not a real tall anywhere near him.

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Do we switch when blocked? Obviously not. We turn into statues. Or more accurately weathervanes pointing to the place where someone should be.

Is it anyone's fault? Or is it just a new group trying to cohere? Shows you how bloody difficult it is to make individuals into a single organism.

Grimes was a leader back there - don't know what happened to that. Maybe they're not listening.

Last edited: