Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Been a mainstay of our defence for a while and given his all but I am expecting that Dylan will call it quits after round 24 as he has his farm and winery taking up more of his time and that is his future.

Reactions: 1 users
Been a mainstay of our defence for a while and given his all but I am expecting that Dylan will call it quits after round 24 as he has his farm and winery taking up more of his time and that is his future.
He signed for another season earlier this year, so unlikely.

He signed for another season earlier this year, so unlikely.
It’s not compulsory that he play on - and it may well be seen as good option for both player and club if he was to retire early
Clearly not playing anything like we expected of him

Reactions: 1 user
Going on was a mistake. The champ looks cooked.
Sad to see him looking almost like he doesn’t want the ball to come to him
For a bloke who was always so safe and reliable and turned (opposition) attack into a win for us - he now looks jittery even in uncontested situations

Reactions: 3 users
Sad to see him looking almost like he doesn’t want the ball to come to him
For a bloke who was always so safe and reliable and turned (opposition) attack into a win for us - he now looks jittery even in uncontested situations

He doesn’t want the ball

Same thing happened to Astbury. Wonder if Dave’s candid admission is weighing on his mind

• Sad
He doesn’t want the ball

Same thing happened to Astbury. Wonder if Dave’s candid admission is weighing on his mind
DTLD was there yesterday. I hope they had a good heart to heart over a Pinot at the retiring legends celebrations.

He needs to retire - he's a champion that has fallen off a cliff. It happens to the best of them.

• Sad
The end can come quicker for some than others.
Grimesy hasn’t looked the same player since his troubled hamstring reoccurrence last season. For a player at his best who played with no fear, he looks to be playing within himself. The weapons that made him great have deserted him & I’ve no doubt now he’s holding up the development of younger players.
At 32 now, I truly hope he’s rethinking the decision to play on. No shame in pulling the pin but I’d hate to see my favourite struggling for a game next year.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Not to mention the conundrum of your Captain playing in the Vfl.

Optimus, awesome career.
Time for a glass of red, contemplation, then a selfless decision.
You have always put the club first.
One last game as Captain this week, a deserved send off!

(As a side issue Nankenstein should freshen up for next year by relinquishing Captaincy.
Just focus on your ruck craft, big fella.)

Last edited:
I seriously doubt Dylan will retire this year with a contract done for next year. I imagine he,ll go on in ‘24 and if his deterioration continues he,ll go mid season.

Reactions: 3 users
The decline of Dylan Grimes has been startlingly fast. Hard to watch. With the young guys down back in Trezise and Brown showing something, and Gibcus back next year, Dylan surely can’t be in the 22

Reactions: 4 users