Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I worry when we play him tall. But Grimes has not been looking agile this year. And not looking as brisk.

Maybe we had to play him tall.

Burge has said that he's not happy with the hamstring situation at the club this year and is reviewing it.

Gibcus is back in the ones. And looking a bit more mature. We get to see how this plays out.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Hope his surgeon has performed a miracle as unlikely as his return is.
Unlikely Old I think he will bail.
He hasn't been Grimes all year. He hasn't been the same.
Fingers crossed he makes it back but very very unlikely.
That was a serious hammy. That's easy 10 weeks in the Hearld sun injury report

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I was thinking that trying to keep up with the quicker type small forwards might not be so good for his hammies ?
one could speculate that his hammies are at more risk with the more stop/start nature of playing on leading talls.
but in reality i dont think there is any difference. if he plays on any opponent he is still going to repeat sprint, bend and jump.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Since we are going full tilt at another flag in 2023 , the new “ skip” is crucial to our chances , hopefully the surgery was successful and he can stay healthy and get full confidence back in the string over the pre season

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Looked lame all year to me. I'll be interested to see how brisk he is next year and see his turning circle. Hopefully Grimes can regain that edge.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Looked lame all year to me. I'll be interested to see how brisk he is next year and see his turning circle. Hopefully Grimes can regain that edge.
Yeah seemed to be out of sorts. Dropped many marks that he usually swallows.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Yeah seemed to be out of sorts. Dropped many marks that he usually swallows.

We'll find out in a month or so that he played with a broken thumb, a broken wrist and necrotic haemorrhoids.

• Wow

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
We'll find out in a month or so that he played with a broken thumb, a broken wrist and necrotic haemorrhoids.
I don't know what necrotic haemorrhoids are compared to bog standard rhoids, but I have a feeling I don't want to know

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I don't know what necrotic haemorrhoids are compared to bog standard rhoids, but I have a feeling I don't want to know
A strange n deviant poster at times is our very own Dyer'ere. Ifn your rhoids was necrotic, they'd be serious nasty, way above n beyond the difficulties n irritations of normal rhoids. Not sure there's much could match the old freckle being constructed of dead n rotting flesh, although mine's been known to release fumes that would suggest I could have a similar problem.

• Wow

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Good news, and the Martin piece at the bottom of the article - two critical parts of the team that we need to be performing well if we want to go deep next year.

Grimes on track for full pre-season​

Jon Pierik
Richmond co-captain Dylan Grimes has impressed club medical staff in his recovery from surgery and is ready to complete a full pre-season.

Grimes, 31, required hamstring surgery in August after he was hurt in the round-20 clash against Brisbane at the MCG. He missed the final three home-and-away games and what was the season-ending loss to the Lions in an elimination final at the Gabba.
The veteran defender has a history of hamstring issues, so understood what awaited in his recovery.
Tigers co-captain Dylan Grimes is expecting to complete a full pre-season, having had hamstring surgery late in the 2022 campaign.

Tigers co-captain Dylan Grimes is expecting to complete a full pre-season, having had hamstring surgery late in the 2022 campaign.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS
Tigers officials say he has been running and recovering well and will join in full training when the senior group officially resumes later this month.
Grimes remains a key part of the Tigers’ premiership plans, and his composure was missed late in the season.

Ahead of his 200th game in June, Grimes opened up about his hamstring battles, revealing he had been on the verge of retirement before his second hamstring tendon surgery a decade ago.
Between 2011-13, Grimes managed to play just 25 of a possible 67 senior games because of hamstring issues, and was sent to Germany to spend time with German doctor Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt for expert treatment.
As Grimes ramps up his preparation, Dustin Martin has been seen running laps at Punt Road, with the Tigers hoping the star midfielder can reclaim his place at the top of the league’s pecking order.
Martin managed only nine games through injury and a leave of absence to deal with the death of his father. He averaged less than 19 touches per game.
He returned for the elimination final, having not played since round 16, but the decision to select him was criticised after coach Damien Hardwick declared before the game that the triple Norm Smith medallist was only “80 per cent fit”. He had only 15 possessions and a goal in the two-point loss to the Lions.

The Tigers expect to remain in premiership mode this season, having acquired midfielders Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper through the trade period. Their first-to-fourth year players begin official training on Monday.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Been my favourite player for close to a decade but I'm seeing clear signs of decline in the champ.
I'm sure it's mainly due to lack of confidence in his body but he's again a bit hesitant to enter the contest & unusually fumbly.
Once an absolute rock but these days Dylan is starting to look human.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Been my favourite player for close to a decade but I'm seeing clear signs of decline in the champ.
I'm sure it's mainly due to lack of confidence in his body but he's again a bit hesitant to enter the contest & unusually fumbly.
Yeah. Signs last year. A few more the last couple of weeks albeit coming back from injury last year.

He’s not the only one off the boil down back eg Balta.

There’s some very simple stuff that we used to be excellent at doing down back that is evading us at present. Over to you Truck.

Reactions: 1 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
I suspect they would hope they could fast track Brown into that role over the next year or so. Hopefully he steps up

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep. Sad to see. Hopefully it's due to the hammy from last season, but he's not getting younger.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He has been top of the tree in my books for a very long time, but he looks lost. Retire or not Retire.
Half hearted chases, bullshitt plastic spoils.
I reckon if he pulls another hammy it will be 2 spots available in the mid season.