DYNASTY!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DYNASTY!!!

Gotta remember yott, we aint done yet.
We're currently fringing greatness n dynasties, while there's always the possibility that things can go pear shaped in a hurry if egos n stupidity run rampant. We're still right in the premium performance age bracket. We've held tough during a mega challenging injury run earlier this year and should still have strong improvement capability within the team again next year. Tross, Stacka, Fish, J.R., Fridge, Higlet, plus a bunch of others who've tasted senior footy this year would be expected to keep us improving n chasing more flags.

Reactions: 2 users
Ming dynasty @ 300 years
Paleolithic era @ 2.3 million years

Era it is then!

• Haha
I’d like to see Higgins with a flag too
Certainly, after what he's been through, but not sure even if he gets back to full fitness, if he has the ability to push out those in our current best 22. Time will tell.

Gotta remember yott, we aint done yet.
We're currently fringing greatness n dynasties, while there's always the possibility that things can go pear shaped in a hurry if egos n stupidity run rampant. We're still right in the premium performance age bracket. We've held tough during a mega challenging injury run earlier this year and should still have strong improvement capability within the team again next year. Tross, Stacka, Fish, J.R., Fridge, Higlet, plus a bunch of others who've tasted senior footy this year would be expected to keep us improving n chasing more flags.

Agree - we are right in the thick of it at the moment and hopefully we keep adding to the premiership story - we should be thereabouts with our squad but there aren’t any guarantees.

I am hoping we get at least one more with the squad we have got - if it’s next year then we jump norf and cats in terms of that list.

Thinking any further ahead than that does my tiny brain in.

Reactions: 1 users
Yep. If we win next year we go past the Cats. Win the year after and we’re the best side in AFL/VFL history.

Thinking any further ahead than that does my tiny brain in.
Still basking in the afterglow of this year. Not even gunna seriously consider next year until practice match time, that'll be soon enough to start worrying about everyone on the ladder being even.

We proved last year that systems can get worked out. We proved this year we are three key injuries away from 50 50 win loss. Winning flags requires a lot of things controllables to be put in place and good fortune.

I like dynasties. Eras are good too.

Just don't mention the Planck Epoch.

Wasn’t that the period in the Grand Final during which GWS still had a chance of winning?

Richmond, on the other hand, are in a period that could be known as their Belle Époque.

What’s the consecutive win record? Maybe that’s a goal to aim at.

You don't know this?

4 in a row: 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930 by Collingwood. We lost the first 3 of those Grand Finals, and 1931, but came back to win 1932 and 1934, just a pity we stuffed up against South Melbourne foreign legion in 1933.

As for Richmond, hard to go past the 8 years 1967 to 1974 - 4 flags and 5 Grand Finals, 3 GFs in a row from 1972 to 1974 and out in the Preliminary Final in 1975.

Not sure 4 in a row is still possible.

DS

You don't know this?

4 in a row: 1927, 1928, 1929 and 1930 by Collingwood. We lost the first 3 of those Grand Finals, and 1931, but came back to win 1932 and 1934, just a pity we stuffed up against South Melbourne foreign legion in 1933.

As for Richmond, hard to go past the 8 years 1967 to 1974 - 4 flags and 5 Grand Finals, 3 GFs in a row from 1972 to 1974 and out in the Preliminary Final in 1975.

Not sure 4 in a row is still possible.

DS
I knew the Premierships record. I was meaning games won. Our streak is currently 12. It’s probably something ridiculous in the 30’s or something like that.

Bleurrrgh. Nearly as bad as a pizza full of olives. Bloody Kiss my furry butt crack tweeny band.

Nothing wrong with a pizza full of olives. Especially the tiger pizza we had on Swan St after 17 prelim victory. All black olives with a stripe of pineapple. Best pizza I ever ate