Early Openers- Prelim Finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Early Openers- Prelim Finals

If that's your attitude, then please leave.
We only want postive thinkers in this group.
Unfortunately I’m positive it’ll be 2 flags soon. That better?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Carlton V Collingwood it would be a feral crowd for sure. A classic for the Ages.

But most likely will be Lions V GWS

Looking forward to waking up Saturday morning with that little glow that comes from Collingwood being knocked out of the finals. GWS are a seriously good show of taking the pies out. The big thing will be the short turnaround time for them. The big boy in the ruck will go in to the game pretty sore and apparently Call Ward is playing sore at the moment. Still playing well however.

Reactions: 4 users
Gws v Collingwood could go either way, giants in a close one.

Brisbane will beat Carlton easy.

Reactions: 6 users
The insecure colonwood supporters will be filling their dungarees come Friday.

GWS this year sort of reminds me of our 2017. They are playing for each other, good football and have no fear so of the four left I am barracking for them.

Reactions: 6 users
GWS this year sort of reminds me of our 2017. They are playing for each other, good football and have no fear so of the four left I am barracking for them.
No they don't
We wore down and run over and then crushed the opposition.
If Port kicked straight in the last qtr they would've beaten them.
Collingwood will destroy GWS.
Game will be over qtr time
Coll 5.3 33
Gws 1.1 7

The Pies are going to have a 2017 PF like advantage this Friday at the MCG. Only this time the crowd will be predominantly black & white.
Going to be feral & a big advantage. If the Giant$ win this I think they'll win the lot.

I think the giants will have learnt from those experiences - they are looking forward to this, not intimidated one bit.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they cause the upset, free hot, nothing to lose.

Yep. And we have Brisbane who have beaten everyone at home and look to drinking their own bath water coming into finals, a bit like Adelaide

The Skunks have won 2 Flags in my lifetime and that is too many.
As far the Blues can't stand their holier than thou attitude like they are a bunch of perfect angels that never belted an opponent. The AFL should have taken the 95 Flag from them for their cheating.

Reactions: 2 users
I reckon if you line up the 12 best players from Collingwood against GWS, I'll take the giants. Doesn't mean they'll win of course, but it's something.

Reactions: 1 users
Pies rested, but pressure on them.

PF loss last year.

GWS off shorter break. Playing Friday night , will they be able to go with the Pies for four quarters.

Waiting’s tip= Pies
Waiting’s hope- GWS as the love with McCrae and Maynard’s non suspension.

Lions vs Blues.

Blues have been fortunate in both finals the oppositions have kicked themselves out of it and both could have gone against them.

But they won.

Their midfield stacks up in finals. Tough contested style.
Curnow the key as he has only kicked 2 goals in both finals. McKay & Martin back will assist.
The Lions small forwards might be the difference. Options and with Daniher in form looms large for the Blues.

Blues are battered, sore and some carrying injuries.

Crowd factor , add 3+ goals in favour of the BL.

If the Blues are a chance they have to start well and silence the crowd and this will place extreme pressure on the BL as most expect them to play off in the GF. Anything less is another huge failure for Fagan and this team.

Waiting’s tip- Lions
Waitings hope- Blues just to see Fagan’s sour face and rolling up the stats as to why they should have won. Laugh myself silly.

Reactions: 1 users
i hope Toby Greene gives Lanyard Brainfade a lesson and the Giants win by a point

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I think the giants will have learnt from those experiences - they are looking forward to this, not intimidated one bit.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they cause the upset, free hot, nothing to lose.
There is a grandfinal at stake, no such thing as nothing to lose when a premiership is up for grabs.

There is a grandfinal at stake, no such thing as nothing to lose when a premiership is up for grabs.

but it’s about expectations - if everyone expects you to lose, then if you lose, no one cares (except you of course).

the pies lose, then they will never live it down.

agree, playing in a grannie is big stakes.

The Pies are going to have a 2017 PF like advantage this Friday at the MCG. Only this time the crowd will be predominantly black & white.
Going to be feral & a big advantage. If the Giant$ win this I think they'll win the lot.
Same advantage they had in the 2019 prelim when the Giants rolled them on the G.