Early Openers- Prelim Finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Early Openers- Prelim Finals

Pies rested, but pressure on them.

PF loss last year.

GWS off shorter break. Playing Friday night , will they be able to go with the Pies for four quarters.

Waiting’s tip= Pies
Waiting’s hope- GWS as the love with McCrae and Maynard’s non suspension.

Lions vs Blues.

Blues have been fortunate in both finals the oppositions have kicked themselves out of it and both could have gone against them.

But they won.

Their midfield stacks up in finals. Tough contested style.
Curnow the key as he has only kicked 2 goals in both finals. McKay & Martin back will assist.
The Lions small forwards might be the difference. Options and with Daniher in form looms large for the Blues.

Blues are battered, sore and some carrying injuries.

Crowd factor , add 3+ goals in favour of the BL.

If the Blues are a chance they have to start well and silence the crowd and this will place extreme pressure on the BL as most expect them to play off in the GF. Anything less is another huge failure for Fagan and this team.

Waiting’s tip- Lions
Waitings hope- Blues just to see Fagan’s sour face and rolling up the stats as to why they should have won. Laugh myself silly.
Daniher is a good barometer for the Lions. If he has an off day/night then Blues have a big chance. Lions by a couple of goals.
GWS look fit enough to cope with the shorter recovery. If they are as quick and on-target with their delivery by hand and foot as last week, they can take it right up to the Pies. GWS by under 10 points.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been as pessimistic as anyone on Carlton this year - but win this Saturday night and they're a real show for the flag.

Brisbane at home is a huge hurdle to overcome, however, but the Blues haven't done a lot wrong in three months losing just once, so why wouldn't they back themselves in.

Reactions: 2 users
I've been as pessimistic as anyone on Carlton this year - but win this Saturday night and they're a real show for the flag.

Brisbane at home is a huge hurdle to overcome, however, but the Blues haven't done a lot wrong in three months losing just once, so why wouldn't they back themselves in.
Brisbane isn't the fortress it used to be, if Curnow kicks a bag the Blues will be hard to beat.

Reactions: 1 users

The reality is that Carlton are a definite chance to win. I reckon they will need to go up a couple of gears as their EF and SF wins were not all that convincing. But, Fitzroy will be very confident, possibly over-confident, and with good reason, they should win.

Write off Carlton at your peril, they are a good team finally realising the potential which has been there in their list for a few years.

The GWS/Collingwoof PF is a far more even prospect, GWS will go in as underdogs but their form is very good at the right time of the year. Plus, Collingwood weren't very convincing in their QF win.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Couple of Pies people I know are a shitting themselves remember 2019 to well, but on the other hand talking the team up, for example Moore is better footballer than Alex Rance, *smile* come on.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Collingwood supporters would be bricking themselves at the prospect of playing Carlton in a grand final.

Personally i think two clubs did a Bradbury allowing the Blues to skate through.
Charlie Curnow has struglged to hit the score board so far, but at least he's then hit the wings a bit as an exit option to be of some use! It's not going to get any easier for Charlie against the Brisbane talls.
As for Harry McKay, what's it matter how many times he gets it near goals!
It's always entertaining watching him line up for goal....................
Untitled-1.jpg

Blues are sore.
their untidy start to the year might end up their undoing.
brions for me in a close match.

giants in a little bit of the same position.
can they beat the mud pies.
yep their leaders know what’s required to win in a tight, pressure finals match.
the pies are obviously connected, coached well but let’s face there is nothing better than a Colonwood choke.

giants in a tight tussle decided by the ARC..
Sad Will Ferrell GIF

not losing a game there this year shows the ramparts have crumbled?
Finals record at the Gabba would suggest otherwise, even last year they were handed victory under very dubious circumstances. Doggies beat them the year before, Geelong smashed them in our last premiership year. They are definitely beatable up there, I would be sending a lockdown player to Neale and attempting to get under the skin of Daniher who is a chocolates or boiled lollies type of player (Hipwood cut from the same cloth). The dynasty years were different, almost impossible to beat them with Voss, Black, Akermanis, Brown and Lynch in the line-up.

Can't believe that coward Voss has dropped Brodie Kemp. Like it was Kemp's fault. If Voss had done the right thing and delisted Kemp any time in the first quarter Carlton would've beat Melbourne be five goals. Cincotta next in line for in game delisting?

Might have to go into hibernation from tonight. Don't know how much I can take watching the Scum make a GF again.